S3 camera voice control doesn't work

talltail13

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Im not sure if its the new update because it worked for awhile after the udate. Now the voice commands for the camera dont work. In every settings thing ive tried nothing. Its there just grey so you cant turn it on. Please help this feature I use alot. Thnx

Posted via Android Central App

timcary

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. It only does that on easy mode.
So I went to settings>my device>home screen mode. I choose Standard mode. Then I was able to switch on my camera voice control. it should work, say cheese.

michelleishappy

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Settings>System>Voice Control has a box to check to reinstate voice commands for the camera on the GS3.
I had the very same (frustrating) difficulty after the most recent update lol. Hope this helps!

Geir Friis

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
On my phone, it works only some of the time. Mostly not. Makes the feature not very usable. --Any solutions?
Ps updated S-Voice to Galaxy S5 S-Voice

CopperJohn

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I have found one work around that works for me. I have to open the camera with the S Voice app using the audible voice command "Open camera". Voice command in camera then works. If however, I take a pic and then delete it when using the camera the voice command stops working again. I will then have to exit camera and again enter it through S Voice to get it to work again. If I enter the camera in any other way, the voice command does not work.

Ken Orlich

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I have found one work around that works for me. I have to open the camera with the S Voice app using the audible voice command "Open camera". Voice command in camera then works. If however, I take a pic and then delete it when using the camera the voice command stops working again. I will then have to exit camera and again enter it through S Voice to get it to work again. If I enter the camera in any other way, the voice command does not work.

Totally true. This was the only suggestion that worked for me. Thanks!

jesse68

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problem with voice commands on my galaxy s4 camera. I opened Google then went to settings clicked on voice then on "ok Google detection" i unchecked the last 2 boxes after that i was able to take pictures using the word "capture"
Side note: i am using TouchWiz standard on androids version 4.4.2
I hoped this helps anyone who is still having issues using voice commands with their camera.

mars2304

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same issue on my note 3. I tried every single suggestion that has been in this thread. The one that finally worked was un checking the last boxes in ok google detection. I have idea how you figured that out.. But thank you so much for sharing!!! You cured my frustration.

MtheInsomniac

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
On my phone, it works only some of the time. Mostly not. Makes the feature not very usable. --Any solutions?
Ps updated S-Voice to Galaxy S5 S-Voice

When flicking the Voice Control on & off in Settings, I was thankfully reminded that:

"If you set the alert type for calls or alarms to vibration, voice command is not available"

This explains its part-time behavior for me 😂 Glad I didn't opt to never show that reminder message again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol