1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SIII Mess

I have an SIII (SGH-1747M) I bought used at Christmas last month. The phone was unlocked but had been previously locked to Virgin Mobile Canada. After about a week I started having problems when the phone would not receive calls or texts. it would however send calls and text. I called Virgin tech support and they suggested that a poor unlock job was the issue. Not knowing a lot about "cell flashing" I decided to reflash the phone with a stock ROM, using ODIN. the flash failed. the phone will go into download mode but does not boot up. I now get a message saying the firmware upgrade encountered an error and to use recovery mode in Kies. I cannot connect in Kies. I have no idea what to do next. any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Global Posts
    5,573 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: SIII Mess

Quote Originally Posted by daniel54 View Post
    I have an SIII (SGH-1747M) I bought used at Christmas last month. The phone was unlocked but had been previously locked to Virgin Mobile Canada. After about a week I started having problems when the phone would not receive calls or texts. it would however send calls and text. I called Virgin tech support and they suggested that a poor unlock job was the issue. Not knowing a lot about "cell flashing" I decided to reflash the phone with a stock ROM, using ODIN. the flash failed. the phone will go into download mode but does not boot up. I now get a message saying the firmware upgrade encountered an error and to use recovery mode in Kies. I cannot connect in Kies. I have no idea what to do next. any suggestions would be very much appreciated
    Welcome to Android Central
    Are you sure you flashed the correct firmware? Did you flash the one for Bell or Virgin Mobile?
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever