Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    BryGuy86's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

    Default Downgrading to 4.1.1 Oden3 Problems

    Hello all,
    I am fairly new to Android after coming over from Blackberry, I just bought an SGH-I747M S3 and its locked to Rogers/Fido. After doing some searching, well a lot of searching I found a method of unlocking that requires me to downgrade from Android 4.3 to 4.1.1. I did a lot of reading and I think I am following the instructions to a tee but Oden3 keeps failing the "Download Screen" on the phone adds a new line of "Secure Check Fail: aboot" I've tried two different computers and several different cables and USB ports to no avail. I've also had a hard time finding stock ROMs since Hotfile is now shut down. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it. Bellow is the log from Oden3:

    <ID:0/006> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I747UCDLK3_I747ATTDLK3_I747UCDLK3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
    <ID:0/006> File analysis..
    <ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/006> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/006> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/006>
    <ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <ID:0/006> Added!!
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

    Default Re: Downgrading to 4.1.1 Oden3 Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy86 View Post
    Hello all,
    I am fairly new to Android after coming over from Blackberry, I just bought an SGH-I747M S3 and its locked to Rogers/Fido. After doing some searching, well a lot of searching I found a method of unlocking that requires me to downgrade from Android 4.3 to 4.1.1. I did a lot of reading and I think I am following the instructions to a tee but Oden3 keeps failing the "Download Screen" on the phone adds a new line of "Secure Check Fail: aboot" I've tried two different computers and several different cables and USB ports to no avail. I've also had a hard time finding stock ROMs since Hotfile is now shut down. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it. Bellow is the log from Oden3:

    <ID:0/006> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I747UCDLK3_I747ATTDLK3_I747UCDLK3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
    <ID:0/006> File analysis..
    <ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/006> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/006> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/006>
    <ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <ID:0/006> Added!!
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    You can't downgrade from 4.3
    Knox blocks any attempt to install different firmware for "security" reasons

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    BryGuy86's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

    Default Re: Downgrading to 4.1.1 Oden3 Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    You can't downgrade from 4.3
    Knox blocks any attempt to install different firmware for "security" reasons

    Posted via Android Central App
    Well that makes a lot of sense then and four hours well wasted
    Is there anyway to accomplish what I am trying to do with a root and then a downgrade? Like I said I am quite new to this and thanks for the quick reply
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

    Default Re: Downgrading to 4.1.1 Oden3 Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy86 View Post
    Well that makes a lot of sense then and four hours well wasted
    Is there anyway to accomplish what I am trying to do with a root and then a downgrade? Like I said I am quite new to this and thanks for the quick reply
    Not sure what you're trying to accomplish but there is currently no custom recoveries for the 4.3 firmware so even if you were rooted there would be no way to flash a custom ROM.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    BryGuy86's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

    Default Re: Downgrading to 4.1.1 Oden3 Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to accomplish but there is currently no custom recoveries for the 4.3 firmware so even if you were rooted there would be no way to flash a custom ROM.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I guess I should probably do some more reading because only half of that really made sense to me. What I am trying to do is unlock the phone so I can use it on Bell. In my reading I found a how-to that used a service menu on the phone but I had to be on stock 4.1.1 firmware for it to work. I just thought I'd save a little money, have a little fun and learn something in the process Thanks again
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Downgrading to 4.1.1 Oden3 Problems

    "You can't downgrade from 4.3
    Knox blocks any attempt to install different firmware for "security" reasons"

    I am also trying to unlock my samsung galaxy s3 i747, which is running Android 4.3.
    I was able to obtain su privileges on it and then used TitaniumBackup to uninstall the 6 Knox related files (programs ?) on my device.

    Question: Since I've disabled/removed Knox from my device, can I now use Odin to flash the 4.1.1 firmware to my device ?

    By the way, previously, when I had tried to use Odin to flash the 4.1.1 firmware, I had run into the same write error that BryGuy86 had run into.

    From reading around, it sounds like the Samsung Galaxy S3 4.3 bootloader may be causing the write to fail ? Would removing Knox like I recently did now allow this bootloader to succeed ?

    Also, as an alternative, does anyone know of a reputable (and cheap) unlocking service for Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T phone that doesn't involve changing the phone's IMEI ? As a programmer, I can't fathom how they (anyone but the original device's carrier) can unlock phones unless they change the IMEI to a clone of one that's already unlocked, which seems like it would create it's own set of issues..
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Downgrading to 4.1.1 Oden3 Problems

    Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gino Lee View Post
    Question: Since I've disabled/removed Knox from my device, can I now use Odin to flash the 4.1.1 firmware to my device?
    Answer: as you've alluded to later in your post, you cannot. Samsung also included a bootloader component that prevents you from reverting to earlier firmware, and as far as I'm aware there's no way around it.

    As to your other question - why don't you just contact your carrier to get it unlocked? As long as your account is in good standing you shouldn't have a problem.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Downgrading to 4.1.1 Oden3 Problems

    Hello!

    I am having the same issue. For me the mobile is locked to Mobilicity. Do you think I can call them for an unlock code?
  9. #9  
    can3gxw's Avatar

    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

    Default Re: Downgrading to 4.1.1 Oden3 Problems

    All Canadian carriers will provide an unlock for any phone. There are rules, though, that the carrier (be it Bell, Rogers, Telus, Wind, etc...) will follow. For example, Bell requires you to have your line/account for at least 90 days. Pay them $50 and they will unlock your phone. The other "Big 3" (Rogers included) will also most likely charge you around $50 to unlock your phone if your account is in good standing.

    There are also a TON of online unlocking sites that will provide you the code for a fraction of the price. Samsung is a cheap, easy unlock and you don't EVER need to root to get it done. Ever.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2014, 12:54 PM
  2. Am I too entrenched in Apple to switch?
    By RavenSword in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 04:23 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 07:48 AM
  4. Nexus 7 (2013) bootloop problem - bootloader doesn't work either
    By demonicangelz in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 06:14 PM
  5. Is there a launcher I could use to get apps page to scroll vertically?
    By paisley99 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 05:53 PM

Posting Permissions