- 1 Posts
I get service, and I lose it... Samsung Galaxy S3
New to the Samsung Galaxy S3...
I just bought this phone two days ago off craigslist. Its the Samsung Galaxy SGH-1747M. I updated the version from whatever it was, to 4.3.
The problem I lose my service every 5-10 minutes. I would have full bars for 5-10 mins, and then the phone would have no service for another 5-10... It's really pissing me off. I'm missing important phone calls and texts!
May somebody help me please?
- - - Updated - - -
Its not my sim card... I put it in my brother's Samsung Galaxy s3 and it works...
Was going to sell this but im pretty damn sure this is a software problem. I dont want to go through the whole selling/buying process when I can just fix this!
- 01-29-2014, 09:42 PM #2
Re: I get service, and I lose it... Samsung Galaxy S3
1) Don't buy off Craigslist unless they're willing to meet at your carrier's store so the carrier can verify that it's not stolen, works properly, etc.
2) If you ignore the first rule, be comfortable with the possibility of repairing hardware and/or software issues that may come up
I would guess you've got a loose/defective/damaged SIM card slot. If that is the case, you'd best take it to a local repair shop to see if they can fix it and how much it would cost. It might be your SIM card as well, or you might just have worse reception with the S3 then your previous device had. It's a little difficult to tell from what you posted"I can only see half of what's going on
But i'm alright
'Cause I can still smile"
Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
- By LindaBT in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 10Last Post: 02-10-2014, 01:53 PM
- By lgbalfa in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 4Last Post: 02-01-2014, 10:38 AM
- By Phoenix111 in forum Android AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-31-2014, 03:43 AM
- By Proxboct ViTeA in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 01-30-2014, 07:55 PM