Samsung Galaxy S3 "Call Ended 0:00"

Victoria Marie

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I want to apologize in advance, this is going to be a long question,

my S3 is Koodo (Owned by Telus i believe??) and I have this annoying and frequent problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3, when I try to make a phone call i get "Call ended 0:00" right away, the phone won't even dial it just says "Call ended 0:00" my signal strength is strong as well when this happens, the only way to get it to make calls is to power off the phone and restart it or toggle flight mode on/off. It is happening everyday, I went to the Koodo store and they switched my sim card worked fine for 1 day then it happened again "Call ended 0:00"...went back and they did a factory wipe of my phone and again worked fine for 1 day and then "Call ended 0:00"....YET AGAIN went back and the sales rep did this update over the phone from calling Koodo...same problem worked fine for 1 day and then "Call ended 0:00".

Now frustrated i went again to the store and after a lot of talking to them they gave me a new Samsung Galaxy S3, I thought the problem would be fixed as they told me there was a batch of these phones that had this problem and i must of gotten one of them....Well, here we are again i still have the "Call ended 0:00" with the new phone when attempting to place a call. I called Koodo tech support last night and after being on the phone for half an hour the person did a debug of my sim card and said that should fix it....Today when i tried to call someone this morning i got the "Call ended 0:00" AGAIN. I don't know what to do anymore, i'm so frustrated...Does anybody else have this problem with their S3?? and how to fix it??

I also want to say that i have tried all the network modes, and they all do the same thing the only one that doesn't work is GSM i believe, that one i get no signal...but the others i have all tried and i still get the call ended issue when attempting to make a call. I have GPS/WIFI disabled...the only thing i have enabled is Data because i have data in my monthly plan.

Something I have noticed is when my phone is refusing to make calls, and when i get into an area that offers LTE my phone starts working again to make calls...where i live i can only get 4G for my data because i have no LTE in my town but when i go into a town that has LTE my phone starts working again. Can this issue be caused by Data?? I need some help!

RandyAM88

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Telus and koodo have been having massive issues with their network lately, and are currently, STILL trying to fix them (regardless of media reports saying they're fixed)

My guess, when you can finally make a call, call the customer care, and reem someone out for credit.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using tapatalk. Excuse the typos.

katyap

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the EXACT same issue. I am also with Koodo and have an S3, ever since the new Android update in December, I have had this Call Ended issue. I can receive calls at all times of day, no problem, but I always need to power my phone off and back on to make calls.

I don't think this will be fixed until there's a new Android update - I have even reset and wiped my phone back to factory settings, what a waste of time, as it did NOT work. There's been all kinds of complaints on Samsung's Facebook page about similar issues, so I don't think it's a Telus/Koodo problem.

If you find a solution, please keep us posted ;(

bykerg

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue on my Galaxy Note 3, on AT&T network, here in California. No solution yet for me. Hope someone else can answer it.

halcon_milenium

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
The problem is a consecuence of the latest update to version 4.3...until a new release is out the only way to make calls is to turn off and turn on the phone and you will be able to make the call....the latest upgrade SUCKS !!!!!

Kendra Osuoji

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Same here with being on tmobile network... Happens constantly..... like at least 6 times or more a day when i try to make a call.... I cant imagine a problem this huge coming from an update to a new version?! but I guess.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For any of you where the problem started after the update, you could try loading the firmware from scratch - that might take care of the problem (sounds like the radio files didn't get written properly).

You could try using the Kies software on your PC to do that - be sure you install Kies v3. Here's an overview of what to do:
- if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
- put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
- connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
-- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
- in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
- the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

earveen

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have followed the steps; set mobile in download mode and insert model no. and IMEI and KIES downloaded...Now i'm getting this message:

"Cannot this installed this hardware. There was a problem installing this hardware: Samsung mobile USB CDC composite device. An error occured during installation of this device. The system cannot find the file specified. Click finish to close the wizard."

Please advice.

Many Thanx..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Now i'm getting this message
Have you tried running the Kies steps a second time?
Was your phone running 4.3 at the time this problem started?

There's more than one way to skin a cat, so you can always try using a tool called Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07) and manually load the firmware (get it here - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left corner and download the latest version). You can look in any of the rooting sub-forums for instructions on how to use Odin.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Daniel055

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I want to apologize in advance, this is going to be a long question,

my S3 is Koodo (Owned by Telus i believe??) and I have this annoying and frequent problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3, when I try to make a phone call i get "Call ended 0:00" right away, the phone won't even dial it just says "Call ended 0:00" my signal strength is strong as well when this happens, the only way to get it to make calls is to power off the phone and restart it or toggle flight mode on/off. It is happening everyday, I went to the Koodo store and they switched my sim card worked fine for 1 day then it happened again "Call ended 0:00"...went back and they did a factory wipe of my phone and again worked fine for 1 day and then "Call ended 0:00"....YET AGAIN went back and the sales rep did this update over the phone from calling Koodo...same problem worked fine for 1 day and then "Call ended 0:00".

Now frustrated i went again to the store and after a lot of talking to them they gave me a new Samsung Galaxy S3, I thought the problem would be fixed as they told me there was a batch of these phones that had this problem and i must of gotten one of them....Well, here we are again i still have the "Call ended 0:00" with the new phone when attempting to place a call. I called Koodo tech support last night and after being on the phone for half an hour the person did a debug of my sim card and said that should fix it....Today when i tried to call someone this morning i got the "Call ended 0:00" AGAIN. I don't know what to do anymore, i'm so frustrated...Does anybody else have this problem with their S3?? and how to fix it??

I also want to say that i have tried all the network modes, and they all do the same thing the only one that doesn't work is GSM i believe, that one i get no signal...but the others i have all tried and i still get the call ended issue when attempting to make a call. I have GPS/WIFI disabled...the only thing i have enabled is Data because i have data in my monthly plan.

Something I have noticed is when my phone is refusing to make calls, and when i get into an area that offers LTE my phone starts working again to make calls...where i live i can only get 4G for my data because i have no LTE in my town but when i go into a town that has LTE my phone starts working again. Can this issue be caused by Data?? I need some help!
Answer:
My father had the same problem, (galaxy s3) THE LONG SOLUTION: click on the "usim services" (wait for the phone to open the app), then press on the home bottom, live this bottom and then press it again but for along time and the task manager will open u all the app u use before (unless u remove them before) and a small window of the "usim services" will show, then press on it for along time and press on the app info (to options will open u 1.Remove from list 2. App info), then press on "force stop", "clear data" and "clear cache" ,then press on the home bottom, live it and then press it again for along time - and now press on clear all (apps).
Now u have your galaxy s3 fix and u can call anyone u want.
THE SHORT SOLUTION: get to the app info of "usim services" press on "force stop", "clear data" and "clear cache" ,then press on the home bottom, live it and then press it again for along time - and now press on clear all (apps).
Now u have your galaxy s3 fix and u can call anyone u want.
HOPE THIS HELP U and hope i didn't have spelling mistake.

Last edited:

Birds Parrot

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
salam i have also problem with glaxy s3 tmobie 999 call ended i have solve problem

new sims are very small ic s ,,,,,, but we need medium size ic sims to work with samsang s3.

plz sim change then solve the problem . ok thanks

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I had this same problem for the whole time I had this phone. I am now due to upgrade. I have been looking at the Samsung S4mini but the problems with the S3 are putting me off Samsung..
My sister had exactly the same problem..

Zhao Hung

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Here's what i did, i turned off my phone, took out my sim card, placed my sim card onto another phone, tried dialling out, and it worked on my other phone
(If it does not work, its the card or your account's problem). I placed the sim card back into my old phone and it returned to normal.
If that doesn't work, you can try the method described on this youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4rEUEWpJvg
If it still does not work, then you can try going to application manager, ALL, Uninstall Google Inc. (Which gives you updates all the time)
If it still does not work, you may have to reset it to factory settings.
Finally if it still does not work, then i am afraid you will have to bring to to Samsung branch to get a technician to take a look at it.
Hope this helps!