Galaxy S3 Having wifi Problems After 4.3 Update

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

So I have an unrooted s3 and it was working fine until I got the 4.3 update. Now it looses wifi connection on both my home and work wifi. So I don't think this is a router problem. I have searched for problems related to the 4.3 update and I have seen that some people are having troubles with the s4. But I haven't seen much mentioned about the S3 SGH-I747M. I am with tellus.

Has anyone else had this problem? It will work perfectly for a while.. But for a lot of the day both at work and at home it will say I am not connected or that the connection is unstable.

Is this maybe related to one of the many apps that appeared on the phone with the 4.3 update?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks.

Also I have read that doing a factory reset is a good idea after an OS update? I have never done this before. If I do it should I remove the external memory card? Or does that need to get wiped too?

Also I have seen a youtube video that shows two different methods of doing a factory reset. One through the settings menu. And the other using the hardware buttons. Do they both give you the exact same result?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jheremy Gil

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. 7plymaple brother , like as you had it , I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Original factory (never rooteado or anything ) . I have been very aware of the upgrade to 4.3 and I check it every day there are new stories and am aware of all the problems that brought the update to 4.3 since its release. The last official version that I could upgrade and currently in my S3 is version 4.1.2 and it still has not hit me the 4.3 and believe it or not for some time have had the same fault or problem with the Wifi . I own a router in my house and am usually logged on when I want to upgrade heavy apps or games that do not consume megabits or just because I want my internet on the phone for faster chatting, uploading pictures , etc. .. . Sometimes the Wifi works normal and in fact right now I have it connected and works perfect but sometimes I have problems because it falls , it connects , it falls back , reconnects and sometimes not even recognize my home network even taking Router attached to the phone until I get tired and turn off and connect the data network . In my opinion is the local internet which is flawed . I am from Venezuela and the internet that we normally use here is " ABA " from " CANTV " of 1024kb per sec . and not good , in fact we are below the average minimum discharge rate worldwide but can we do. Actually I do not know if it is a direct problem from Samsung or Google on security issues in mobile networks or perhaps something else we do not know . The only thing that is happening to me is completely reset the phone by up to Wipe cache , Wipe and Restore Partition entire Cell. This can be done by accessing recovery mode even without this rooteado your phone to see if so remove the problem. I do all this commentary for the entire Android community especially the owners of a Galaxy S3 or S4 know that for me, even taking the official version 4.1.2 on my S3 , I am also being affected by the problem of WIFI . Greetings to all and I hope this is resolved

bogusromp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I've had the exact same problem since 4.3. Drops the connection in any location on any network and then connects again. Does this all day long. Its driving me nuts.

Hi Everyone,

So I have an unrooted s3 and it was working fine until I got the 4.3 update. Now it looses wifi connection on both my home and work wifi. So I don't think this is a router problem. I have searched for problems related to the 4.3 update and I have seen that some people are having troubles with the s4. But I haven't seen much mentioned about the S3 SGH-I747M. I am with tellus.

Has anyone else had this problem? It will work perfectly for a while.. But for a lot of the day both at work and at home it will say I am not connected or that the connection is unstable.

Is this maybe related to one of the many apps that appeared on the phone with the 4.3 update?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks.

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am glad to hear some support from others with the same issues. Well after posting this thread I went home and did a factory reset. I pulled my external SD card out and did the reset. Then put it back in. It worked great on wifi yesterday. But on the way home I was using S Voice to send text messages while driving. And it kept losing my carrier signal. Now as I started to read this thread today I checked to see if I was getting wifi and it is out again. This is frustrating. I am considering rooting the phone now to have the option to change the OS. It's pretty much useless to me if without reliable wifi at work.

So I am looking into rooting this phone now. I know you have to pick the right root for your particular phone. In this case I have a SGH-I747. But can anyone tell me if it matters what OS you are currently running when you decide to root? I have found a post where a guy posted a link to a root guide called (How to Root Galaxy S3 (Canadian) SGH-I747M on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware - Honai of Android). Will this work for me now that I am on 4.3?

wecw

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
After an update. You do a factory reset. With the wifi drops, how many devices are connected to that wireless router? The more devices connect. The more chance you will drop a connection.

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. It does this on all routers i connect to. And it only started doing this since the 4.3 update. No one else at home or work has this problem.

I am still not sure if it matters what OS i am currently running when i root or if it only matters that i get the right root for my particular device. I am very interested in rooting right now.

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
So I'm still dealing with this wifi problem on my s3. I find now that when ever it's out I can just switch wifi off then pack on and it picks it up every time. Again this happens with several different routers so its something to do with my phone. Anyone know what it might be?

halcon_milenium

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
This ugrade has several issues....I'm having the same problem plus my camera is not working like before after the upgrade. I have a S3 as well. I called Samsumg support yesterday and the guy honestly didn't help at all...

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow I haven't used my camera much lately. But I just checked it out after reading your post and I no longer have a shortcut to switch to macro shots anymore! Its not an option in my list of shortcuts! This is ridiculous.

Edit: Never mind I'm an *****... Focus mode duh. I was looking for the macro flower symbol the way it is displayed on my digi cam. Forgot its an "AF" while in auto focus.

SamahJardaneh

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow I haven't used my camera much lately. But I just checked it out after reading your post and I no longer have a shortcut to switch to macro shots anymore! Its not an option in my list of shortcuts! This is ridiculous.

Edit: Never mind I'm an *****... Focus mode duh. I was looking for the macro flower symbol the way it is displayed on my digi cam. Forgot its an "AF" while in auto focus.

I have the same issue.. it drives me craazyyyy ... any solutios found???

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue.. it drives me craazyyyy ... any solutios found???

I havent found a solution yet. Im waiting to see if anyone cracks the new 4.3 bootloader so i can try another rom to see if that will help. Or to understand what exactly it is with the 4.3 update that wrecked wifi reception.

Aftab Azeem1

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I havent found a solution yet. Im waiting to see if anyone cracks the new 4.3 bootloader so i can try another rom to see if that will help. Or to understand what exactly it is with the 4.3 update that wrecked wifi reception.
Go to the phone app. Hit *#0011#. Connection settings will automatically open. Then left soft key for options> wifi.
Turn off the power saver mode of wifi.
It would definitely work and wifi wouldn't drop after this but im still waiting for some kind of legitimate fix for this issue from the company. GS3 user.

perwez21

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
This option *#0011* did not work for me. I have Samsung galaxy I9300 and the WiFi keeps on dropping after every one or two minutes. please do let me know if you come across with any authentic solution.

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Go to the phone app. Hit *#0011#. Connection settings will automatically open. Then left soft key for options> wifi.
It would definitely work and wifi wouldn't drop after this but im still waiting for some kind of legitimate fix for this issue from the company. GS3 user.

That sounds like it could be my problem. I just tried it and my phone connected to wifi a few seconds later! I hope this solves it.

Thank you very much!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
WiFi keeps on dropping after every one or two minutes
Welcome to the forums!

Your Wi-Fi connection drops and then reconnects? Or it just drops and you manually have to reconnect?

It does this even if the screen is on the whole time?

Does this happen with all Wi-Fi connection points or just the one at home?

You have turned off the 'Power saving' toggle?
u4e2y4an.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Well I tried this this morning and it did not work. But I noticed that after I turned off the power saver mode a notice popped up that says "wifi reset to apply psm off" So I'm guessing I need to wifi reset for the process to work? How do you "wifi reset"?

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh man since I did the *#0011# power save mode off thing my S Voice has not worked at all. Have not been able to even get it to tell me the time since I did it. All I get is either "I cannot find a data connection please try again." Or "An unexpected server error occurred please try again." I have toggled it back and fourth between on and off and no luck either way. Might be time for a factory reset. Then a blackberry. When you depend on email android just doesn't cut it!

Jules_Neale

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I did the *#0011#, turned the power saving mode to off, and also got the reset wifit message, so restarted my phone. Seems to have worked! Yay! Test will be when I go into work tomorrow.:D

braunshugga

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
After doing the whole *#0011# I am still having the same problem and all my other devices are working perfectly on the same wifi network. Is your problem solved permanently ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12