Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone constant reboot

I wasn't sure if I need to add reply to one of the topic or have similar topics. So I am creating new thread.
    Hello,I have wind S3 T999V.
    Before, the phone did not reboot constantly. It is just few days ago, the phone is reboot constantly.
    There is enough battery and I did not click on power button to turned off the phone.
    Sometimes, if I am in browsing or open the app, it sometimes turned itself off. Also, sometimes, when I click the power button, the menu interfaces for turn off, reboot come out several times and go turned off itself instantly. Then when I need to turned on again, it reboots several times stuck in boot menu and the phone is on.
    So, what I did is since this is rooted phone, I backup my rom, clear cache/data, and install 4.3 Touchwiz StockMod custom rom with 4.3 modems. At first, I thought the problem has solved. After restore apps and used for few hours, the phone now has same problem again. At this points, I am thinking it may be phone itself has problem.
    What steps should I need to try out?

Default Re: Phone constant reboot

I have this same issue too. For me, it acts as if the battery is dead. Sometimes I have to take out the battery, charge it, wait, whatever and then it recognizes the real charge before it boots up. This started happening about 3 months ago.

I find once it happens, I have to drain the battery completely, and give it a full charge. I did a factory about a month ago, and I thought the problem went away. It happens a lot less now, but every so often it does come back.

I'm rooted as well. I wasn't rooted after the 4.3 update, but I thought rooting would help me freeze some unwanted apps in hopes of finding out the problem. This never happened when I was on 4.2 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by simson703 View Post
    What steps should I need to try out?
    Sounds like your Power button is sticking.
    Does the phone start on its own as soon as you insert the battery?
    You could try (gently) prying off the plastic piece that you normally press on, which is what activates the actual Power switch.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Sounds like your Power button is sticking.
    Does the phone start on its own as soon as you insert the battery?
    No, the phone does not start as soon as insert the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by simson703 View Post
    At first, I thought the problem has solved. After restore apps and used for few hours, the phone now has same problem again.
    Since it seemed to work normally until you restored your apps perhaps you should try that again WITHOUT restoring your apps.

Or you could try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 and see how the phone behaves.

It does sound like there's a problem with the Power switch if you get the 'Phone options' pop-up after a short press of the Power button.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I tried leave my phone with factory reset and no apps for overnight. Also, I am in safe mode for the phone.
    Actually, with no apps and factory reset, I think it does randomly shut down as well.
    However, as I play with power button, sometimes, the screen does not shut down and turned on twice or sometimes, power options prompt come out.

Could it be that it is stuck in a loop? i had the same prob near enough on the ace after an upgrade, i think my partner just reflashed it to the os that
    he was putting on at the time. you tried installin another ROM then rebooting into recovery mode and then clear the cache and dalvic cache, )