- 8 Posts
Touch Screen Unresponsive but works fine after lock screen
So, I know there are a lot of touch screen unresponsive threads out there, but I haven't been able to find one where it works if you enter lock screen via power button and back out again. I've had my S3 for just over a year now, and this has happened a handful of times for me. Everytime when the screen becomes unresponsive out of the blue, I have been able to get it to work again if I lock my phone then unlock it (via touch screen) right after (and all the menu buttons work as well on the phone itself, it's just the screen). I was just wondering if anyone know what may be causing this please? Thanks.
- 04-02-2014, 12:44 PM #2
- 6,254 Posts
Re: Touch Screen Unresponsive but works fine after lock screen
That's a pretty strange one. If the problem happens frequently enough you could try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 and if the problem goes away then it's some 3rd party app causing your issue.
Other than that you could try clearing the cache in Recovery mode (doubtful, but it's easy to do) or just doing a Factory Reset to see if the problem clears up.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By jacolf in forum Sony Xperia Z1Replies: 5Last Post: 04-19-2014, 09:57 AM
- By AlphaVictor87 in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 20Last Post: 04-11-2014, 03:26 PM
- By littlebigman in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 10Last Post: 04-11-2014, 09:07 AM
- By Astronomer cykiller in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 4Last Post: 04-08-2014, 04:29 AM
- By RJM1981 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 04-06-2014, 03:47 PM