Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I Need helppppppp!! (Broken Galaxy S3 Screen)

I recently dropped my galaxy s3 cracked the screen and the screen went black. I turned it on nd the button lights turned on as well as the little led but the screen remained black. I attempted to put in my password but I have no idea whether it is progressing to my home screen or not. When I plug it into my computer my computer detects it but when I blindly put in my password nothing happens. I have read that I may have to but a whole new LCD and Digitizer. What I want to know is what is how can i fix it and what will be the price. Also if someone can recommend a place to fix my phone that would be great.

Global Posts
    20,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default re: I Need helppppppp!! (Broken Galaxy S3 Screen)

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydeb23 View Post
    I recently dropped my galaxy s3 cracked the screen and the screen went black. I turned it on nd the button lights turned on as well as the little led but the screen remained black. I attempted to put in my password but I have no idea whether it is progressing to my home screen or not. When I plug it into my computer my computer detects it but when I blindly put in my password nothing happens. I have read that I may have to but a whole new LCD and Digitizer. What I want to know is what is how can i fix it and what will be the price. Also if someone can recommend a place to fix my phone that would be great.
    Welcome to the forums.
    iFixit, both their site and YouTube often does wonderful and detailed teardowns on devices. You can try them.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default re: I Need helppppppp!! (Broken Galaxy S3 Screen)

http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung...ent-white.html

http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-...-assembly.html

These are a couple of sources for replacement screen assemblies. Around $130.

You could try http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009QW3TBK/...0-20&m1k=vb_ac if you want an interim solution to unlock the phone - you connect it to your TV (via HDMI) and you can use a keyboard/mouse for navigation.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by: