Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do i root my telus sam GS3 after failing to get around knox?

Hello and thank you all for the help!

I recently tried to root my sammy GS3. Im a first time rooter. I didnt know the prep work to do or know that there was prep work. I found a few guides on the great goooogle! and attempted them after reading/watching. Everything went fine but the big bad Knox got in my way. I flashed my phone with a updated clockwork. Everything went well but I couldnt get root acces because of knox. I then googled the way around knox, didnt work, tried to get rid of knox, didnt work. Knox wasnt actually fully installed on my phone but had i guess "control" of it. When attempting to install so I could uninstall ( sounds stupid but what else could i do). It didnt allow me to install since I voided my warranty when flashing a new rom.

I dont know what to do lol. I got a little ahead of myself and not sure how to proceed. Is there any suggestions or guides?? My phone works fine, i get the little security shield poping up in the notification bar every now and again but not really a bother. I dont want to do a stock rom. I would like to root my phone. But not sure how?

Any suggestions/ help would be much appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

Default Re: How do i root my telus sam GS3 after failing to get around knox?

Welcome to the forums!

AFAIK, once your phone has 4.3 loaded, you're stuck with the Knox bootloader limitations. I'd suggest reloading the stock firmware, then investigate Saferoot (I think it's available for more than just the Verizon version).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk