Touch Screen Issue

Nathaniel Brown2

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello folks , I have a galaxy S3 with android , I keep every app that came with the phone updated when prompted.
As of yesterday my touch screen stopped working. Only thing I could think was that it maybe got to hot but keep my phone in the truck parked in the shade windows down when I'm at a job. Outside temp is about 18 Celsius. When I got home I tried to figure it out and finally pulled the battery as the only way to restart the phone. Once restarted I was able to unlock and touch screen worked fine. Then today it happen again, phone worked fine
this morning, today was not hot at all. I left my phone in the truck and when I came back from my work I found it not responding once again.
So I waited till I got home and pulled the battery to restart and everything was fine again. I do not recall doing any updates and can not find much
info on this topic.

I have had the phone for about 4 months and been happy with it up until now . If I am at a job and I cant use my phone its a real kick in the nuts not to mention a serious inconvenience there be a emergency with one of my kids. I payed good money for this thing and returning it right now is not an option for me at this time . I would appreciate any help or advice,if this is a known issue with a fix. Thanks in advance

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
If you left your phone in your truck in 18*C weather, the inside of the truck would have been (most likely) a LOT hotter. Heat will KILL electronics - everything is made of plastic in one shape or another. It is possible that you cooked something inside your S3.

You say that you just got this phone about 4 months ago - did you get it new, or used? It is entirely possible that (if you got it used) the previous owner dropped it or otherwise damaged it which is why they sold it.

If you got it new, then I would look at a warranty replacement. That is not normal. What you are describing when you say if you reboot the phone it works for a while, tells me that something is screwed on the inside and you are most likely out of luck.

Nathaniel Brown2

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I did a factory reset and it works, what I found was that after reinstalling my apps, I installed firefox then it began to freeze up. I took out the battery , rebooted and uninstalled firefox and it started working normal again . I also found that there are hidden diagnostic codes for various testing of phone hardware functions . If you go to phone and type *#0*# you can test the touch screen and see other screen related diag tools . it seems that the test screen passed with no problems . Hope this helps anyone who has this problem

source
Samsung galaxy s3 codes secrets - xda-developers