Downloading apps on PC to put on S3

aymanshaikh

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Before I could get one of the new updates last week, my WiFi stopped working. It wouldn't toggle on or turn on. After reading around, the solution was to factory reset which I did but still didn't work.

I'm getting a new phone soon but was wondering if I rooted my S3 and then could get apps if I downloaded/torrented on my PC and then transfer it onto the S3 to use it. Or do I even need to root it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Please do not discuss downloading app files from torrent sites--they are most likely pirated. Thanks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can use Helium to backup app and app data to pc, then restore to the new device from the pc. No root required.

Also, We do not allow discussion of downloading apps from sites other than approved sites like Google play. Please see the app guidelines linked to in my signature.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Before I could get one of the new updates last week, my WiFi stopped working.
Doesn't your phone have Mobile data? You should be able to use that to install updates...

Do you mean that the Wi-Fi doesn't turn on, or that it won't connect to a specific SSID? Or some other problem?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez