Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Formated Phone and it wouldn't boot longer than the Samsung Splash Screen. Now there's error screen.

So I reset my Galaxy S3 to factory settings through recovery mode but then noticed that it wouldn't boot any longer until the Samsung splash screen. I tried looking online for solutions and tried flashing a Stock ROM through Odin but it always failed everytime. Now I get an error saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". It also says I'm in Odin Mode on the top left along with the following information:
    PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747M
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS:: Official
    DUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
    Warranty Bit: 0
    BOOTLOADER AP SWAREV: 1

Kies also can't read the device. What should I do?

Global Posts
    22,196 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Formated Phone and it wouldn't boot longer than the Samsung Splash Screen. Now there's error scr

The only thing I can think of is making sure you have the drivers for Ssmsungs updated. They can be found on Samsung's website.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Formated Phone and it wouldn't boot longer than the Samsung Splash Screen. Now there's error scr

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp395 View Post
    tried flashing a Stock ROM through Odin but it always failed everytime.
    Can you provide a link to the firmware that you were using?
    Can you include the complete log from Odin?

You should be using firmware something like you'd find here - mouse-over the region codes to find your carrier.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.