Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
SGH-I747M rooted, but still original rom
Carrier - Rogers
Device type - d2can
Bootloader/Baseband/PDA- I747MVLDLK4
Modem board- MSM8960
CWM-based Recovery v5.5.0.4

i've been wanting to install cm12 rom on my phone for the longest time and this morning i decided to jump into it (i did spend time reading some info here and there and getting advised getting the matrixzone rom)

my first mistake was i decided to unlock my bootloaded with ez-unlock - this caused my phone to hard brick

i found a link in XDA section ([HOW TO GUIDE] How To Unbrick AT&T I747 and I747M After 4.3 OTA) to help me boot back to my phone from my sd card

then my second mistake - used another link in XDA section ( [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter - [ATT / Bell / Telus / Rogers / Sasktel]) above to download the stock Rogers 4.1.1 and load to Odin

Started Odin and it failed right away - now my phone will only go Odin mode with "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" messages at the bottom

I was informed to go to sammobile to download a newer firmware (not sure which one) and try again with Odin

i decided to download the latest Roger version 4.4.2 - still waiting for it to finished

anyone else can provide help will be very much appreciated = thanks in advance

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
In order for ODIN to connect to your device you'll have to put it in DOWNLOAD MODE:

1. Unplug the USB cable.
2. Shut down the phone.
3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME DOWN' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the 'VOLUME UP' button to enter Download Mode.
4. To get out of Download Mode, simply press and hold the power button until the phone restarts.

chris_j11

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
yes i'm in odin mode

after i press volume down+home then power it gets to warning and ask me to press volume up

i tried a higher rom 4.1.2 -Odin Fail!
I will now try a much higher rom at sammobile - 4.4.2

chris_j11

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
well sucess - download the latest sammobile 4.4.2 and used Odin to install.
after 30mins my phones back to normal
thanks for all the help - now i'm more confident

now i will try to root / install cwm / and continue with matrixzone w/ a twist - hope to have a better result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana