- 38 Posts
- Infected ROM Eternity
Mini on T-Mobile or Straight Talk with T-Mobile Sim
I am looking into this for my daughter. I just bought my wife a GS3, it took some convincing to move her from her iPhone, but after about an hour with the GS3 she forgot about the iPhone. Anyway in my effort to keep my house iPhone free, I am looking at the mini for my daughter. She wants my wife's old iPhone 4s, I want her to get an android. She says the GS3 is too big. I showed her the mini and she liked it, but I want to make sure I can use this on T-mobile and get HSPA +21/42. I can sell the 4s for close to the price of the mini. Slowly moving everyone off of Verizon. The specs say HSPA, but one description said only 2G woudl be available on T-Mobile, I don't buy it. What say you?
- 12-17-2012, 01:17 AM #2
Re: Mini on T-Mobile or Straight Talk with T-Mobile Sim
From what I have been researching online you cannot get 3g speeds with T-Mobile on the s3 mini. It will only allow you to get 2g/EDGE speeds. But with AT&T you can get 3g speeds if you set up the phone to do so. I have did a lot of research on this and have purchased an s3 mini off of ebay today. I haven't gotten it yet but hopefully I can get 3g speeds with AT&T. There was also someone on Ebay selling the phone with 3g speeds (AT&T) for like $50 more than the phone with 2g speeds.
- By Mobimop in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 29Last Post: 02-24-2013, 12:33 PM
- By kryptalivian in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
- By danferan in forum T-MobileReplies: 7Last Post: 07-22-2012, 02:47 PM
- By vincentallen2 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 05-05-2012, 05:59 PM
- By vincentallen2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 05-05-2012, 05:59 PM