Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Talk: "com.google.process.gapps has stopped" when receiving a message

When I receive a message on Talk, the app freezes and I get the message"Process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" (notification for receiving message is not shown).
    Android version is 4.1.1 (the phone is not rooted).
    I believe I've tried almost everything I found on forums (clearing cache and data for all gmail apps, removing google account, restarting). Also, Factory reset did not work either - as soon i set up my google account, I stop syncing (although at the first account, everything is beginning to be synced) but if I receive a GTalk message, it freezes.

What is there left to try ?
    Is there a way to update Google Services ? (process com.google.process.gapps). I'm a noob and I don't really know how exactly I do that ?
    Please help !

Default Re: Google Talk: "com.google.process.gapps has stopped" when receiving a message

I had the same problem with my Galaxy S3, and fixed it by performing the following procedure:
    1 - Go to "Settings" -> "Application manager."
    2 - Locate "Internet" under All-tab.
    3 - Then, tap on "Clear data" button.

In my case, this seems to have cleared away some sort of troubled data/files stored in SD or Internet application folder probably created when I last updated the phone, which may have been causing the problem. Anyway, since this is done, this com.google.process.gapps stopping problem hasn't recurred until now (for about five hours).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Google Talk: "com.google.process.gapps has stopped" when receiving a message

Thank you for your reply, but i already tried that several times and it didn't work.
    The message appears every time i receive a message on google Talk app. It doesn't appear in any other situation.

I'm having this issue, as well, and I feel like I've tried everything. Everyone seems to say that going to Settings >> Application Manager >> All (tab), scrolling to the bottom and enabling the Download Manager is the fix, but that's not the case for me. Nothing seems to be disabled, unless the Download Manager is located somewhere different in Android Jellybean 4.1.1. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Not working till change password of google account. now is super
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It seams that doesn't work on all Galaxy S3 Mini. Maybe there's something else missing ?

Problem is in google services like maps ,gmail ,street veiw ,google+ etc. So do the factory reset and do not update those apps leave them as is ! that should work !!!

I had this problem until today.
    I uninstalled 'Advanced task killer' and I cleared the data from the 'Download Manager'.

See above for 'Download Manager'

I have the exact same problem, i've tried everything i've found in the web but i still have the problem. Did you find a solution?

Has anyone found a solution?
    None of the solutions in this thread and others i found on google worked.

EDIT: my phone got updated to JB 4.1.2 and only that made gapps error disappeared

Hi I have a problem on s3