[S Duos] How to change to MSC?

Sekuiya

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I didn't quite see a sub-forum for the Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562) but since it is quite similar to the S3 Mini, I figured this section would be appropriate. I may just be completely blind, but if there is indeed a sub-forum, please, point me in the right direction.

For starters, yes, I'm a noob in Android. Got my first Android phone this Christmas.

Anyway, back to my problem, I just bought an SD card and wanted to upload my music collection to it and I found this program, doubeTwist that seems great for the job.
Problem, it asks for the phone to be in a MSC mode, but when I go see the "USB PC connection" options I only see MTP and PTP options.

Their site says that "devices without a SD card running Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) do not have a USB Mass Storage (MSC) mode available" so maybe it has something to do with the SD Card.
Do I have to activate it somehow or something?

Hope you can help me solve my problem.

Nirav John

May 22, 2014
Visit site
i have same problem for s7562 i have to restore my lost data...but not showing in PC as internal mass storage as not having mass storage mode and only having MTP & PTP mode.. can any body help..plz...plz...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
i have to restore my lost data
What is it that you're using to restore your data?
Didn't you make a backup using the Kies software?

Google removed support for Mass Storage Mode back in the ICS time frame, so unless your phone is rooted there's nothing you can do.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech