Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Default Galaxy S3 Mini..battery drain problem :(

hi,
    its my new S3 mini. I just updated it and since then the battry dies like crazy. Its 100% before I go to bed, next day its down to 30%.

Bluetooth and GPS are off. Its crazy. Anyone else with similar issue? Any idea what to do?

Damn you Update
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-02-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Default Re: S3 Mini..battery drain problem :(

I have also same problem...!! if anybody know solution please help us..

ROM
    Cold As Ice

check out Deep Sleep Battery Saver on google play. This app did the trick for my wifes phone that would die in 8 hrs and now has 50% after 8 hrs. So I put it on my daughters and wham it works great.

It is a great app, but you would probably want to post some screen shots of your battery life and let some of these guru's around here see where the problems are at.... Also download gsam and that will tell you what is running.

Swyped from my Galaxy Tab 2

hey guys i have a solution to this kind of problems. easy battery saver is an android app by using this we can avoid battery discharge and by uninstalling unnecessary apps, reducing the brightness of background also we will extend battery life.

Thanks

Online mobile shopping
    nrekho likes this.

Hi dear, I also updated my Samsung S3 Mini with XXAMB3 firmware and same battery drain issue, Now i updated my mobile with XXAMA4 Firmware and solved this problem, Battery timing is now fantastic, u also do some other things after updating this firmware
    1: Go in Application manager then in All and disable SPS( Samsung Push Service)
    2: In Wifi Advance Settings keep Wifi on during sleep..Select it as Never
    3: Better to use GSM only in Network Mood
    4: Go in More Settings and then Mobile Network then select Network Operators and please 1st chose other operators 2 or 3 then manualy select your original service provider network...with this method signal strength will also improve.
    Here is link for firmware

Hopefully now u will be get happy after good battery time

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

hi,

I been having this problem recently and found that it was google talk that was the problem. After updating firmware battery was draining really quickly. Deleted everything and made no difference. I signed out of google talk and voila battery is back to normal

Hope this helps

galaxy s3 mini

Is this a common occurrence? I was looking forward to get a mini and I might have some second thoughts.

Its my suggestion dont buy Galaxy s3 mini,,,just wait and get sony Xperia SP,,,,that has fantastic features and long lasting battery
    I will also sale out my s3 mini when Xperia SP will come in market late april or early may......

Last edited by Farmari Juudas; 04-19-2013 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kass Banka View Post
    Hi dear, I also updated my Samsung S3 Mini with XXAMB3 firmware and same battery drain issue, Now i updated my mobile with XXAMA4 Firmware and solved this problem, Battery timing is now fantastic, u also do some other things after updating this firmware
    1: Go in Application manager then in All and disable SPS( Samsung Push Service)
    2: In Wifi Advance Settings keep Wifi on during sleep..Select it as Never
    3: Better to use GSM only in Network Mood
    4: Go in More Settings and then Mobile Network then select Network Operators and please 1st chose other operators 2 or 3 then manualy select your original service provider network...with this method signal strength will also improve.
    Here is link for firmware

Hopefully now u will be get happy after good battery time
    scuseme, could you tellme hoy to flash it with odin. i idded it on PDA in odin, but it fails.
    <ID:0/010> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/010> boot.img
    <ID:0/010> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/010> STE_boot1.img
    <ID:0/010>
    <ID:0/010> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <ID:0/010> Added!!
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

could you help me please.

Hi there
    Just an update, I had the same problem when I completed an ota upgrade, my battery just seems to drain very quickly. I updated the firmware via samsung kies, doing a a back as recommended by the software, so far my battery has been performing as it came out the box, perfect. It seems there was a glitch via OTA update. So far since last night with gaming, whatsapp and taking photo's, my battery seems to be only now on 41% and I charged it yesterday at about 3pm after the firmware update via kies.

Switch off S voice chrome google + skype facebook and messenger and all the unwanted apps smart stay and led light off .....aftrr all this restart ur phone u will have drastic change ....I also had the same probs initially ....I think it will help .....dont forrget to restart ur phone after all these changes ........

I recently bought the SP since it was supposed to have long battery life and so far im charging it every day and thats with minimal usage. in fact its been off charge now for 20 minutes and its dropped to 98%. Ive found that Chrome keeps turning itself on in the background even when all sync is off, wifi is off, mobile data, bluetooth everything is off.

Hi I am new to this forum and first of all I should say I am a Grandma who has her own computer and is able to be quite technical - so I thought.

Not now though since being given this S111 mini as a present on Sunday morning. I have got used to the layout, have looked at mini guides on my computer, etc.

But - I am now asking just how long should this battery last? It is back on charge now and it seems to want it everyday. I accept I will have used a lot of battery just 'travelling' around the phone for the first two days.

1. I have only used the phone for a few messages, phone calls and took two photos.
    2. I have not even searched the internet - turned off Wi-Fi although have checked that I have a signal with BT-Fon.
    3. Turned screen brightness down.
    4, Switched on power saving - I think it was called.
    5. Have read somewhere that it is a good idea to disable Google - but then I haven't even signed up for it. I do not know how to disable it.
    6. I know how to make sure I have no applications running - however - did I read that Google can continue searching anyway. Can anyone tell me what is the G with two arrows underneath at the top of the phone 'menu' bar? I think I have noticed one of the arrows lit up.

I have read the threads above but some of it goes 'over the top of my head' do you think I should find a young person with one of these phones and ask them to give me some advice or do you think I could get used to it? My 'old' phone was basic with slide up screen, etc and a good camera. Oh! lovely long battery life. (Nothing technical just sent text and used phone.)

At the moment I am so pleased I did not go out and buy one - lovely to get it as a present. So at the moment I would say it is not a phone that I am enjoying using but the challenge is good.

Any tips on what I might be able to 'switch' off that comes installed and uses battery would be helpful.

Thank you.

Hello!
    Do you have any solution for this problem of battery drain in Samsun S3 Mini?
    thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by GillyFB View Post
    Hi I am new to this forum and first of all I should say I am a Grandma who has her own computer and is able to be quite technical - so I thought.

Not now though since being given this S111 mini as a present on Sunday morning. I have got used to the layout, have looked at mini guides on my computer, etc.

But - I am now asking just how long should this battery last? It is back on charge now and it seems to want it everyday. I accept I will have used a lot of battery just 'travelling' around the phone for the first two days.

1. I have only used the phone for a few messages, phone calls and took two photos.
    2. I have not even searched the internet - turned off Wi-Fi although have checked that I have a signal with BT-Fon.
    3. Turned screen brightness down.
    4, Switched on power saving - I think it was called.
    5. Have read somewhere that it is a good idea to disable Google - but then I haven't even signed up for it. I do not know how to disable it.
    6. I know how to make sure I have no applications running - however - did I read that Google can continue searching anyway. Can anyone tell me what is the G with two arrows underneath at the top of the phone 'menu' bar? I think I have noticed one of the arrows lit up.

I have read the threads above but some of it goes 'over the top of my head' do you think I should find a young person with one of these phones and ask them to give me some advice or do you think I could get used to it? My 'old' phone was basic with slide up screen, etc and a good camera. Oh! lovely long battery life. (Nothing technical just sent text and used phone.)

At the moment I am so pleased I did not go out and buy one - lovely to get it as a present. So at the moment I would say it is not a phone that I am enjoying using but the challenge is good.

Any tips on what I might be able to 'switch' off that comes installed and uses battery would be helpful.

Thank you.

How do you updated with XXAMA4 Firmware ??
    Jesus...I don't understand nothing of this!!!

i used to have this problem on mine until i downloaded an app called deep sleep battery saver, it has been a god send! my battery used to only last about 5 hours before it dies but with this app the longest its lasted is 2 days, brilliant app

My s3 battery from a 2 days on a full charge to 5hours this happened over night suggestions please

how do i use deep baterry saver ? Tnx
    Faysalchenko likes this.

I had this problem, almost the same with you ..
    I like to say something interesting for any Samsung Device that his version is near version of Galaxy S3 mini .

OK -- There are some ways that i have tested for a long time ...

Step 1.Go to the "Settings"
    Step 2.On the bottom click "Developer Options' (Turn it "On")
    Step 3.Again go te the bottom and click "Limit backrounds processes" (opens a list) and at the 2nd words of list click "No backrounds processes"
    Step 4.Under "Limit backrounds processes" you see "Show all ANRs" click in it to active ...

Thank you that have read my answer ....

Hi! I have an issue about my Samsung S3 Mini battery life..whenever my battery is in the range of 45%-70% it restarting and when it's already restarted the battery percentage is showing 2-6% and I can't open my phone because i t will restart again and when i charge the phone it will go back to 45% .. i don't know what to do if i will buy a new battery or if my phone is just grounded..i already downloaded the deep sleep battery saver but it did not work.please help me..

Quote Originally Posted by Shobe Alinood View Post
    Hi! I have an issue about my Samsung S3 Mini battery life..whenever my battery is in the range of 45%-70% it restarting and when it's already restarted the battery percentage is showing 2-6% and I can't open my phone because i t will restart again and when i charge the phone it will go back to 45% .. i don't know what to do if i will buy a new battery or if my phone is just grounded..i already downloaded the deep sleep battery saver but it did not work.please help me..

I am facing the same problem....any solutions. Thanks in advance.

For the Samsung Galexy S3 mini, I've found that the LTE is a huge battery drain! I don't use data on my phone so there is no need to have LTE on. My battery use to last 17 hours before I turned off LTE. Now the battery lasts more then 36 hours. To turn off LTE, go into your Settings and under Connections choose more networks. Choose Mobile Networks and then Network Mode. I use WCDMA network were i live but you will need to find out what network works for you. Just remember that LTE will be off so if you use data, turn on LTE to get the fast data connection. Texting and phone wont work if you choose the wrong network so test your phone after you switch to make sure you selected the correct network. North America mostly uses WCDMA while the rest of the World uses GSM. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by lambo333; 01-20-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobe Alinood View Post

Same problem right here! I have to recharge my phone 3-4 times a day, even though I barely use it and I'm using the deep sleep battery saver. Is it just a calibration problem or is the battery dead?
    Also the recharge time became very short as well (+- 30 mn)

Thank you for any help!
    Faysalchenko likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast