problem with screen lock

mera2002

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I have a problem locking my S3 mini screen. When I press the lock screen bottom it locks (black screen) only for few seconds and then the screen lights go on (but the device stays locked). this loop continues until the battery is consumed (which happens in 4 hrs only after being fully charged). I tried to restore the factory setting but the problem is not gone. Help plz, what shall I do?:'(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
I have a problem locking my S3 mini screen. When I press the lock screen bottom it locks (black screen) only for few seconds and then the screen lights go on (but the device stays locked). this loop continues until the battery is consumed (which happens in 4 hrs only after being fully charged). I tried to restore the factory setting but the problem is not gone. Help plz, what shall I do?:'(

For clarification, did you just change the settings, or did you do a Factory reset, as in you had to download all your apps, etc?

MimiJane

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I have also been having this problem with the lock screen flashing on and off. Was just wondering if you had managed to fix this? :)

nay4

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have the same problem since a couple of hours and really frustrating me..... did you find ho to resolve the problem ?

Lulu3108

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the problem with my samsung mini where the screen is locked, it goes black for a few seconds but then just keeps flashing on and off.This started to happen after I dropped it in water.Everything else works perfectly and will switch on and off fine.Please help as I have only had the phone 1 month on a 2 year contract with no insurance : (

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the problem with my samsung mini where the screen is locked, it goes black for a few seconds but then just keeps flashing on and off.This started to happen after I dropped it in water.Everything else works perfectly and will switch on and off fine.Please help as I have only had the phone 1 month on a 2 year contract with no insurance : (

pit your phone in rice immediately and leave it for 24 hours then see how you go make sure all the holes on your phone are coverd up as the rice can get in =]

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but he had a problem that needed urgent help, and that was a month ago. He would have fixed it by then. The problem is already gone most likely.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

yeah and??? it could help others who look at the thread :S

SagKhan

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
hi
i just got back my s3 mini from the service centre after repair of signal drop issue. now when i turn it on i get an annoying translucent window with yellow text that does not go away. also, my power button menu does not show up nor does my device lock when i press the power button.... please help! (see screenshot)

Screenshot_2013-11-09-11-22-39.png

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
SagKhan,
It sounds to me like they loaded some bogus firmware on there, or perhaps left their testbench firmware on there. I'd take it back, or use the Kies software on your PC to reload the stock firmware.

Here's an overview of what to do:
- if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
- put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
- connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
-- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
- in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
- the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Javid Sadid

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't helps!!!
I use windows 8 and when the phone is in download mode the kies can not find the phone. Otherwise when I connect the phone to PC everything is ok, the Pc recognizes the device.

Javid Sadid

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Did you fix your phone? If yes, HOW? I got the same problem... Please help....

- - - Updated - - -

SagKhan,
It sounds to me like they loaded some bogus firmware on there, or perhaps left their testbench firmware on there. I'd take it back, or use the Kies software on your PC to reload the stock firmware.

Here's an overview of what to do:
- if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
- put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
- connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
-- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
- in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
- the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Did you fix your phone? If yes, HOW? I got the same problem... Please help....

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I got the same problem
Welcome to the forums!

You have the same problem, as in, your phone got sent away for repair and when it came back it was displaying the same information overlay?

Have you tried using the Kies software to reload the firmware?

Or you could provide the model number/carrier/region (if an International user) and we can give you a link to the stock firmware. Or you can look here - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left and download the latest version. You'll also need a tool called Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Javid Sadid

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it was displaying the same information overlay. I used Kies, but it doesn't recognize the phone and I tried ODIN v3.09. After it finished its work the problem is still there. Is it very important to have ODIN v3.07?
This is the phone inside now :)
10258452_10152375517718428_2413810512945936475_o.jpg

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I used Kies, but it doesn't recognize the phone
Were you using Kies v3? You can't use the older Kies v2.6 with a phone that has 4.3 (or greater) firmware.
and I tried ODIN v3.09. After it finished its work the problem is still there. Is it very important to have ODIN v3.07?
No, v3.09 is fine - they just changed the button labels and it confuses people.

I'm not sure why you're still getting the overlay - that should have been taken care of by flashing the stock firmware. There's nothing plugged into the micro-USB port is there? (Silly question but I had to ask; that's the only other reason I can think of that the phone would be displaying diagnostic information.)

Edit: be sure you boot into Recovery mode and wipe the system cache, and perform a Factory Reset while you're there.

BTW, does that overlay only appear on the Home screen?
And is your Power button functional (the earlier poster mentioned some problem with the button)?

Edit 2: can you post a screenshot of the overlay? I'm just curious about the information. (To capture a screenshot, press and hold the Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them when you see the screen flash with the white border.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax