Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Red_Berry_21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default problem with screen lock

    Hi.
    I have a problem locking my S3 mini screen. When I press the lock screen bottom it locks (black screen) only for few seconds and then the screen lights go on (but the device stays locked). this loop continues until the battery is consumed (which happens in 4 hrs only after being fully charged). I tried to restore the factory setting but the problem is not gone. Help plz, what shall I do?
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    17,084 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,436 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Quote Originally Posted by mera2002 View Post
    Hi.
    I have a problem locking my S3 mini screen. When I press the lock screen bottom it locks (black screen) only for few seconds and then the screen lights go on (but the device stays locked). this loop continues until the battery is consumed (which happens in 4 hrs only after being fully charged). I tried to restore the factory setting but the problem is not gone. Help plz, what shall I do?
    For clarification, did you just change the settings, or did you do a Factory reset, as in you had to download all your apps, etc?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Factory reset and yes re-dowloaded all apps
  4. #4  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Hi!
    I have also been having this problem with the lock screen flashing on and off. Was just wondering if you had managed to fix this?
  5. #5  
    nay4's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Unhappy Re: problem with screen lock

    Hello, I have the same problem since a couple of hours and really frustrating me..... did you find ho to resolve the problem ?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    I have the problem with my samsung mini where the screen is locked, it goes black for a few seconds but then just keeps flashing on and off.This started to happen after I dropped it in water.Everything else works perfectly and will switch on and off fine.Please help as I have only had the phone 1 month on a 2 year contract with no insurance : (
  7. #7  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu3108 View Post
    I have the problem with my samsung mini where the screen is locked, it goes black for a few seconds but then just keeps flashing on and off.This started to happen after I dropped it in water.Everything else works perfectly and will switch on and off fine.Please help as I have only had the phone 1 month on a 2 year contract with no insurance : (
    pit your phone in rice immediately and leave it for 24 hours then see how you go make sure all the holes on your phone are coverd up as the rice can get in =]
  8. #8  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Berry_21 View Post
    pit your phone in rice immediately and leave it for 24 hours then see how you go make sure all the holes on your phone are coverd up as the rice can get in =]
    That post was from a month ago...
  9. #9  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    That post was from a month ago...
    yeah so... no harm in helping is there?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Berry_21 View Post
    yeah so... no harm in helping is there?
    Yeah but he had a problem that needed urgent help, and that was a month ago. He would have fixed it by then. The problem is already gone most likely.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
  11. #11  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Yeah but he had a problem that needed urgent help, and that was a month ago. He would have fixed it by then. The problem is already gone most likely.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

    yeah and??? it could help others who look at the thread :S
  12. #12  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Berry_21 View Post
    yeah and??? it could help others who look at the thread :S
    Good point. Sorry man.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Good point. Sorry man.
    its cool
    neonworm likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    hi
    i just got back my s3 mini from the service centre after repair of signal drop issue. now when i turn it on i get an annoying translucent window with yellow text that does not go away. also, my power button menu does not show up nor does my device lock when i press the power button.... please help! (see screenshot)

    problem with screen lock-screenshot_2013-11-09-11-22-39.png
  15. #15  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    SagKhan,
    It sounds to me like they loaded some bogus firmware on there, or perhaps left their testbench firmware on there. I'd take it back, or use the Kies software on your PC to reload the stock firmware.

    Here's an overview of what to do:
    - if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
    - put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
    - connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
    -- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
    - in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
    - the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  16. #16  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Doesn't helps!!!
    I use windows 8 and when the phone is in download mode the kies can not find the phone. Otherwise when I connect the phone to PC everything is ok, the Pc recognizes the device.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Did you fix your phone? If yes, HOW? I got the same problem... Please help....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    SagKhan,
    It sounds to me like they loaded some bogus firmware on there, or perhaps left their testbench firmware on there. I'd take it back, or use the Kies software on your PC to reload the stock firmware.

    Here's an overview of what to do:
    - if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
    - put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
    - connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
    -- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
    - in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
    - the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4


    Did you fix your phone? If yes, HOW? I got the same problem... Please help....
  18. #18  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Quote Originally Posted by Javid Sadid View Post
    I got the same problem
    Welcome to the forums!

    You have the same problem, as in, your phone got sent away for repair and when it came back it was displaying the same information overlay?

    Have you tried using the Kies software to reload the firmware?

    Or you could provide the model number/carrier/region (if an International user) and we can give you a link to the stock firmware. Or you can look here - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left and download the latest version. You'll also need a tool called Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07).

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  19. #19  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Yes, it was displaying the same information overlay. I used Kies, but it doesn't recognize the phone and I tried ODIN v3.09. After it finished its work the problem is still there. Is it very important to have ODIN v3.07?
    This is the phone inside now
    problem with screen lock-10258452_10152375517718428_2413810512945936475_o.jpg
    Last edited by Javid Sadid; 04-10-2014 at 07:42 AM.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Quote Originally Posted by Javid Sadid View Post
    I used Kies, but it doesn't recognize the phone
    Were you using Kies v3? You can't use the older Kies v2.6 with a phone that has 4.3 (or greater) firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Javid Sadid View Post
    and I tried ODIN v3.09. After it finished its work the problem is still there. Is it very important to have ODIN v3.07?
    No, v3.09 is fine - they just changed the button labels and it confuses people.

    I'm not sure why you're still getting the overlay - that should have been taken care of by flashing the stock firmware. There's nothing plugged into the micro-USB port is there? (Silly question but I had to ask; that's the only other reason I can think of that the phone would be displaying diagnostic information.)

    Edit: be sure you boot into Recovery mode and wipe the system cache, and perform a Factory Reset while you're there.

    BTW, does that overlay only appear on the Home screen?
    And is your Power button functional (the earlier poster mentioned some problem with the button)?

    Edit 2: can you post a screenshot of the overlay? I'm just curious about the information. (To capture a screenshot, press and hold the Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them when you see the screen flash with the white border.)

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GSDer; 04-10-2014 at 11:23 AM.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Here is a screen picture:
    problem with screen lock-485532_10152370631838428_3280172106784226758_n.jpg
    No, there's nothing plugged into the micro-USB port.
    Yes, I did reset the phone, and it is still there.
    No it is not only on the home screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Were you using Kies v3? You can't use the older Kies v2.6 with a phone that has 4.3 (or greater) firmware.No, v3.09 is fine - they just changed the button labels and it confuses people.

    I'm not sure why you're still getting the overlay - that should have been taken care of by flashing the stock firmware. There's nothing plugged into the micro-USB port is there? (Silly question but I had to ask; that's the only other reason I can think of that the phone would be displaying diagnostic information.)

    Edit: be sure you boot into Recovery mode and wipe the system cache, and perform a Factory Reset while you're there.

    BTW, does that overlay only appear on the Home screen?
    And is your Power button functional (the earlier poster mentioned some problem with the button)?

    Edit 2: can you post a screenshot of the overlay? I'm just curious about the information. (To capture a screenshot, press and hold the Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them when you see the screen flash with the white border.)

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  22. #22  

    Default Re: problem with screen lock

    Quote Originally Posted by Javid Sadid View Post
    Here is a screen picture
    Hmm, for region NEE I thought this http://samsung-updates.com/details/2...00XXUGNA5.html would be the correct firmware. But it probably doesn't matter.

    The only thing I can think of is extreme (wiping the phone) and I don't know how to do it in Odin anyway.

    Have you tried to contact the repair facility to see about undoing this?

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. problem in screen lock
    By abualghanam in forum Samsung Galaxy S II
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 06:08 AM
  2. Problem with Screen
    By salyever in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
  3. Problem with screen not turning on or turning off too fast
    By dpham00 in forum Verizon HTC Rezound
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 01:48 AM
  4. Problems with ADB (locks up after starting Daemon)
    By chya in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 08:54 PM
  5. Help with screen locking up.
    By crwmlw#IM in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 10:11 PM

Posting Permissions