Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 mini internal storage not functioning properly

Hello, on my Samsung galaxy s3 mini, I have 4.4gb of internal storage data. A couple of days ago I had 500mb left, but the next morning i only had 100mb. Soon that decreased to around 20mb. I have uninstalled apps and moved things to my SD card, and it recognizes the change, but after a couple of minutes it goes back to the 20mb. I cannot download anything on my phone, and it struggles to perform at a high fps. I would appreciate if you could help. Thank you

( I have tried restarting the phone. I have looked into all the files of the phone, with show hidden files selected, and it does not add up to the 4.4gb)

Global Posts
    13,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: S3 mini internal storage not functioning properly

Quote Originally Posted by Kzard View Post
    Hello, on my Samsung galaxy s3 mini, I have 4.4gb of internal storage data. A couple of days ago I had 500mb left, but the next morning i only had 100mb. Soon that decreased to around 20mb. I have uninstalled apps and moved things to my SD card, and it recognizes the change, but after a couple of minutes it goes back to the 20mb. I cannot download anything on my phone, and it struggles to perform at a high fps. I would appreciate if you could help. Thank you

( I have tried restarting the phone. I have looked into all the files of the phone, with show hidden files selected, and it does not add up to the 4.4gb)

Guessing here, but go into Settings>Storage>and take a screenshot of the storage graph.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry but I can't do that as I don't have enough space on my phone and I can't delete things usefully as I said in the problem

Global Posts
    13,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Sorry but I can't do that as I don't have enough space on my phone and I can't delete things usefully as I said in the problem
    Then perhaps a little phone cleaning. Get rid of any pics you have, delete texts, etc.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have already done all of that and as I said when i delete something, the space just goes back down.

Global Posts
    13,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I have already done all of that and as I said when i delete something, the space just goes back down.
    Ok. Question...what was the total capacity of your internal storage?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have 4.4gb

Global Posts
    13,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I have 4.4gb
    Ok. So with Android taking up about 4 GB, that doesn't leave much space.

Clean all the cache in the phone. You can install some app help u with that. There is an app called : phoneclean

You can have a try. It will release some space for your internal storage.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I've tried that, but the problem isn't that I don't have enough space, it's that it keeps disappearing for a reason i don't know.

There is always a pop up message saying i should delete some of the applications on the storage but i have done all that and it still repeating itself , so please what should i do then

Same here, Pictures, videos takes 670MB yet when I check it with PC I can't find anything, and its growing for example when I last checked it before I went to bed it was 644MB and while I was sleeping it grew to 670MB (without any connection)
    I have like 70 pictures and like 5, 1-3 minute videos.
    Please help, I don't want to reset my phone D:
    I can't download any apps and I have almost nothing to delete, yet I have 300MB of free space

Total internal space is 8gb, android is using 3.6 so that is 4.4 for us (users) to use.

Angry Re: S3 mini internal storage not functioning properly

excuse me, I want to ask if this mini samsung s3 can not move apps from internal memory to external memory
    and the like which way to move, I hope someone can help me because I do not understand how where do

Quote Originally Posted by syamfp View Post
    excuse me, I want to ask if this mini samsung s3 can not move apps from internal memory to external memory
    and the like which way to move, I hope someone can help me because I do not understand how where do
    hi s3 mini dose not support that function. some apps can move but it's not the ones that you want to move. if you root your phone you can but then some apps take longer to load. down load clean master it works well on 4 plus phones.

Posted via Android Central App

I also have an s3 mini with an internal storage of 3Gb free. But when i try downloading any thing it says low storage. Pls help me

hello my galaxy s3 mini internal storage 16Gb but I cannot upload anything nor take picture if I take a photo. all that appears is sdcard full so
    please help me solve my problem

Just make sure it is not a fake s3 mini. Samsung apps should say Samsung apps. If it says apps then it is a fake

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by jasmine larbi View Post
    hello my galaxy s3 mini internal storage 16Gb but I cannot upload anything nor take picture if I take a photo. all that appears is sdcard full so
    please help me solve my problem

hmm all this sounds really wierd i have a samsung galaxy s33 mini and im fine with mine :S have you tryed wipeing catch?

I agree I had s3 mini before and it was fine I gave it to my wife and its still fine. I know there are fake ones out there try a complete wipe and see what happens

Posted via Android Central App on my s3 GT 19300

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Ok. So with Android taking up about 4 GB, that doesn't leave much space.

On the mini you should have about 4.4 of internal storage if its an 8gb model

Posted via Android Central App on my s3 GT 19300
    Red_Berry_21 likes this.

I have Galaxy s3 mini, the one with 16GB internal memory, and the problem is everytime I connect the device into my PC, it only shows 17.8mb of storage not 16GB.. I tried looking for possible solution regarding this problem for almost a week now but still no luck.. I'm getting frustrated, I don't know what to do to fix this (sorry to say this)..

And also, there's another problem. Everytime I want to download apps on Google play, S3 mini won't allow me to download 3 games with a total of 90mb of files, the "insufficient memory error" keeps on popping up and suggesting me to delete some of the files cause the storage is full. This is ridiculous, I have 16Gb of storage on my phone. But it seems that the device itself wont allow me to store files it or it is locked?.. I have tried formatting the devices but it didn't solve the problem.

I do have Micro SD cards for alternative storage, but I just want to use S3 mini's internal storage of 16GB, that would be enough.. Please help, and tell me how to fix this problem.. Thanks in advance.

What does your Settings -> Storage view show?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

I have the same problem, constantly telling me I have no space left. I've tried clearing everything. Looking at the data usage, it doesn't add up. I managed to download a data usage app that shows an unaccounted for 1.5 gb used by "system files" But offers no way to clear that.
    I have 4.4 GB storage. 2.5 of which is music and apps. And it tell me I have 127MB free. Any ideas? Someone? Please!
    I'm not able to perform basic functions like looking at my gallery or using my camera. :-(

Solution found, unsure if it will also work on the Mini but give it a go

Samsung Galaxy S3 Ghost data problem

Hi

i seem to be having a similar problem that i cannot resolve. I store all my Pictures & videos on micro sd card but when I check my storage it is showing up as 1.53g used for Pictures & videos on my internal storage! (max capacity 4.55g on my S3 mini). Even if I delete pics vids etc this doesn't reduce the storage!

Help please.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast