how do i use my micro SD card on my samsung galaxy s3 mini???????

abdabz8

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
have had this phone now since December and i love it! ... accept i havent had a memory card until today.. thought it would be simple and insert and itr would automatically start saving to SD card... but my phone wont let me download anything and keeps on saying insufficient storage available!! have tried going thought everything to get it changed but cannot work it out! somone please help :)

Fudgemonkey3

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I tried that and its still not allowing me to download on the sd card ie its telling me that i still have iinsufficient memory. Do i have to change certain options??

hammerglider

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Same problem (on Android 4.1.2). Seems iPlayer downloads are the issue, so connected my phone to my laptop and used Explorer to move them to the card, but the phone o longer knows they are there. Also changed the settings now to download to the card, but donwnloads notappearing in iPlayer... Any ideas?
:confused:

ylang48

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with suddenly getting the "storage space running down" message and impossible to d'load any new app. I read in various forums that JellyBeans 4.1.2 for Galaxy S3 does not allow transferring apps to external SD card, neither using external ringtones.

So I did a Restore and all my previous apps automatically re-downloaded which was nice.
HOWEVER although it re-downloaded a ringtone app, I cannot access it. All I have now are the default ringtones which are crap.

Does anybody have a solution? Even the good old Whatsapp tone disappeared !!!

Thanks for any help

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean you need to redownload something like Ringdroid? You can make your own ringtones with that or Ringtone Maker is a good one too. Zedge is also good for a quick new ringtone or more.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Faith Tshabalala

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
have had this phone now since December and i love it! ... accept i havent had a memory card until today.. thought it would be simple and insert and itr would automatically start saving to SD card... but my phone wont let me download anything and keeps on saying insufficient storage available!! have tried going thought everything to get it changed but cannot work it out! somone please help :)

BassistElla

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey...
I went to settings and all the stuff you told us to, but when I try to download a programme, it still says that the memory card is full. What am I supposed to do?):

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
when I try to download a programme
Do you mean when you try to download/install an app from the Google Play Store, or when you try to download a movie?
it still says that the memory card is full.
IS the SD card full? If you look in Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> Storage, and scroll to the bottom, it should show you how much space is available on the card.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Tobias SN

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
1. Make sure the phone is powered off
2. Take the back cover off
3. Take the battery out
4. Insert the Micro SD Card in the hole making sure the pins is facing down
5. Insert the battery
6. Put the back cover back

Yeah, why take the battery out to put in a SD Crad? Anyways, i hope you could use it

Myzbel

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Having problem with my s3 mini memory

my S3 mini has a memory of 17.8mb i dont know y but when i check the storage it says 16gb and when i connect uSB its says 17.8mb ...cant update or download anything and i have reset it many times already still....pls any help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke