Battery life taken a dive?

Rorschach86

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Had my S3mini for a couple of months now, been very happy with it. The past few days however the battery life has taken a sudden a dive and it is using large amounts when idle. I mostly use the phone at the weekends as during the week I always have access to my laptop and I find that when just sending texts or the odd call during the week I get 4-5days on a charge no problem, the last couple of days it has wanted charging every day almost. Last night I did a test, charge to 100% before I went to bed, put it on my nightstand (use it as an alarm) and didn't touch it again until this morning, overnight it has dropped to 65%. Looking at the battery stats I have the following:
Android OS 34%
Device Idle 23%
Cell Standby 20%
Screen 15% (not been on all night except for an alarm this morning)
Facebook 4% (not been used at all and no wifi or mob data on at night)
Android System 4%
Mediaserver 2%

The only apps I have installed in the past week are a couple of media players so I could watch a video I had saved.

Help please! and Many thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Out of that nighttime, how much of it did your phone spent 'awake'? Maybe a screenshot could help... It shouldn't be draining that much if you're not using it, especially if mobile data and WiFi are off...

Facebook does some background stuff at night if you've set it up to sync contacts or calendar, so that's 'normal'

Rorschach86

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Here is a screenshot of the battery graph. That basically covers the 12hours since it finished charging, ignore the last bits on the right hand side as they were use this morning looking through stats etc. I can see the screen wasn't on at all between going to bed and the alarm this morning but the phone was waking up, what could it be doing? Wifi and mobile data are always turned off overnight.

Screenshot_2013_07_03_10_14_16.png