Samsung S3 / galaxy tab 2 Memory issue

camlt

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am new to forrums so i am not sure if i have posted this in the right place.

Ok to the point, I have a S3 mini and a Galaxy tab 2 Over the last few months I have had several issues with both my devices saying that the memory is full.

This is creating a issue as the phone and tablet become un-usable with a pop up box saying that i need to delete files to make space and the only way I have found to fix the problem is to do a factory reset and then it only lasts for week at most until it happens again. As i use both of these devices for work i do not really want to resetting them after a couple of days.

I have tried to:
Move files to a external memory card.
Clear the Cache, both inside the phone and using the debug option.
Used MMI code *#9090# to move the storage card to a external memory.
delete all of the videos and pictures off the device.

All with out any luck.

It has been suggested to me that i Root the devices but as i have these devices on a company contract that is not option that i can take.

Please see the below image:

onsn.png

As you can see the available memory is only 84.07 MB, the totals above do not equal anywhere near the 11.77GB I have in memory.

Has any one ever come across this problem?? does any one know a solution to this?? any help with this will be greatly appreciated, as i have searched the internet and can not find any solutions to this dilemma. I have also contacted my mobile operator and there answer is to format the device as i mentioned before that is not really something that i want to do.

Many thanks in advance.

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am new to forrums so i am not sure if i have posted this in the right place.

Ok to the point, I have a S3 mini and a Galaxy tab 2 Over the last few months I have had several issues with both my devices saying that the memory is full.

This is creating a issue as the phone and tablet become un-usable with a pop up box saying that i need to delete files to make space and the only way I have found to fix the problem is to do a factory reset and then it only lasts for week at most until it happens again. As i use both of these devices for work i do not really want to resetting them after a couple of days.

I have tried to:
Move files to a external memory card.
Clear the Cache, both inside the phone and using the debug option.
Used MMI code *#9090# to move the storage card to a external memory.
delete all of the videos and pictures off the device.

All with out any luck.

It has been suggested to me that i Root the devices but as i have these devices on a company contract that is not option that i can take.

Please see the below image:

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7696/onsn.png

As you can see the available memory is only 84.07 MB, the totals above do not equal anywhere near the 11.77GB I have in memory.

Has any one ever come across this problem?? does any one know a solution to this?? any help with this will be greatly appreciated, as i have searched the internet and can not find any solutions to this dilemma. I have also contacted my mobile operator and there answer is to format the device as i mentioned before that is not really something that i want to do.

Many thanks in advance.

hi try clean master on play store it works well on my s3 mini

Posted via Android Central App

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response, I have tried to do what you have suggested but it will not let me and says "insufficient memory"

hi try and use kies on a pc back up everything and then delete some big apps or uninstall some updates ie maps or Facebook then install clean master
do make sure you are downloading to the sd card for pictures and video's.

camlt

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Chris,

Sorry for late reply I have tried connecting to the phone to remove files, and when i try and install again it still comes up with "insufficient memory".

Thanks

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
hi can you tell me what version of jelly bean you are running . I've found out that the latest version managed memory better also if you use it for work and get a lot of emails it fills the phone up very fast. also did this problem start after you download an app because some apps take lots of space. if you pop onto the o2 forum there is a run down of how to clean these emails and then recheck to see if it fills up again. hope this helps. (community.02.co.uk/t5/android)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkeman