Restoring Navigation App

Neil Foster

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I went to use the Navigation app on my Samsung S3 Mini and it's no longer on my phone. I used it yesterday and I didn't delete it and no one has been near the phone and it's baffling how it's just suddenly disappeared. Is there any way of restoring the app? I would appreciate any advice.

liddellw1

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
If you prefer the old Google Navigation rather than the updated Maps app that includes the Navigation all that is necessary is to go to the Play Store and search for Google Maps. When you locate it click uninstall and you will be prompted whether you want to uninstall all updates to the app. Answer yes and Voila! you have the old Google Navigation back once you exit the Play Store.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Navigation has always been a part of Google Maps. With the old version the Navigation blue icon was just a direct way to get to it. With the new Google Maps the Navigation icon will no longer be there. To get it back just uninstall the Update, but at some point and time it will disappear for ever.

Marianne Miter

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Hopefully by the time it goes away for ever, the bugs (especially the one that makes it blow up and stop when you can't turn the way it's telling you) will be worked out. I especially like the traffic settings on the old version. If enough of us keep going back to the old. I'm fairly certain google will get the message.

Hopeybear1

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
My blue arrow disappeared and I went into Google Maps and uninstalled the updates and all and it still is NOT coming back up. HELP

- - - Updated - - -

I did this but my blue arrow did NOT come back. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hopeybear1,
What firmware is your phone running? If you've updated to 4.3 there's no going back - the new version of Maps is embedded in this firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

stephanie munster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have tried deleting the map thing and it hasn't worked for me. I have force closed it it said doing this will take you back to default and still no blue arrow!! its driving me nuts!!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I have force closed it it said doing this will take you back to default and still no blue arrow!
I assume you mean that you selected 'Uninstall updates' (or something quite similar)? Force closing an app won't take it back to the original version.

What version of Maps do you have - 8.1.1?
What firmware version do you have on your phone - 4.3 or greater?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax