Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By liddellw1
  • 1 Post By Marianne Miter
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Restoring Navigation App

I went to use the Navigation app on my Samsung S3 Mini and it's no longer on my phone. I used it yesterday and I didn't delete it and no one has been near the phone and it's baffling how it's just suddenly disappeared. Is there any way of restoring the app? I would appreciate any advice.

Default Re: Restoring Navigation App

It is now part of the Maps app.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Is there anyway to turn on a voice on the Maps navigation i found having the voice when driving a lots easier.

ROM
    AOKP ICS

If you prefer the old Google Navigation rather than the updated Maps app that includes the Navigation all that is necessary is to go to the Play Store and search for Google Maps. When you locate it click uninstall and you will be prompted whether you want to uninstall all updates to the app. Answer yes and Voila! you have the old Google Navigation back once you exit the Play Store.
    Thanked by:
    eithra 
    eithra likes this.

That worked for me perfectly so I thank you so much. You rock!!!

Can someone help me restore my GPS navigation blue arrow .it's uninstall itself

Thaaaaaaaank you!!!

Navigation has always been a part of Google Maps. With the old version the Navigation blue icon was just a direct way to get to it. With the new Google Maps the Navigation icon will no longer be there. To get it back just uninstall the Update, but at some point and time it will disappear for ever.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)

Smile Re: Restoring Navigation App

Thanks! Hopefully by the time it goes away for ever, the bugs (especially the one that makes it blow up and stop when you can't turn the way it's telling you) will be worked out. I especially like the traffic settings on the old version. If enough of us keep going back to the old. I'm fairly certain google will get the message.
    Thanked by:
    eithra 
    eithra likes this.

Twice it has happened on my phone. There are others who have had a similar experience.
    Anil

Thanks !! That work great !

My blue arrow disappeared and I went into Google Maps and uninstalled the updates and all and it still is NOT coming back up. HELP

- - - Updated - - -

I did this but my blue arrow did NOT come back. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopeybear1,
    What firmware is your phone running? If you've updated to 4.3 there's no going back - the new version of Maps is embedded in this firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

I had the same question. Thank You for your answer!

Quote Originally Posted by liddellw1 View Post
    When you locate it click uninstall and you will be prompted whether you want to uninstall all updates to the app. Answer yes and Voila! you have the old Google Navigation back once you exit the Play Store.
    How do you uninstall? I see no word.

Angry Re: Restoring Navigation App

I have tried deleting the map thing and it hasn't worked for me. I have force closed it it said doing this will take you back to default and still no blue arrow!! its driving me nuts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeybear1 View Post
    My blue arrow disappeared and I went into Google Maps and uninstalled the updates and all and it still is NOT coming back up. HELP

- - - Updated - - -

I did this but my blue arrow did NOT come back. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i accidentally deleted mine and nothing has worked to get it back!!! grrrrrrrr

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie munster View Post
    I have force closed it it said doing this will take you back to default and still no blue arrow!
    I assume you mean that you selected 'Uninstall updates' (or something quite similar)? Force closing an app won't take it back to the original version.

What version of Maps do you have - 8.1.1?
    What firmware version do you have on your phone - 4.3 or greater?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk