Galaxy S3 Mini: My phone can't use my internal storage .please help

Yosef Inocencio

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have Galaxy s3 mini, the one with 16GB internal memory. But the problem is whenever I plug the device into my PC, it only shows 17.8mb of storage not 16GB.. I tried looking for possible solution regarding this problem but still unfortunate.. I'm getting frustrated, I don't know what to do to fix this (sorry to say this)..

And also, there's another problem. Everytime I download apps on Google play, S3 mini won't allow me to download 3 games with a total of 60mb of files, the insufficient memory error keeps on popping up saying I have to delete some files cause the storage is full but I have 16Gb of storage. But it seems that the device itelf wont allow me to use it or it is locked?..

I don't have Micro SD cards for alternative storage, I just want to use S3 mini's internal storage of 16GB, that would be enough.. Please help, and tell me how to fix this problem.. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone cant use my internal storage .please help

Can you post a screenshot of your storage under Settings/Storage?

Remember that of your 16 GB of advertised internal storage, you'll only have a portion of it available to you (although it should still be something like 10-12 GB). Only 18 MB is ridiculously low, though. Make sure you've deleted all of your accumulated text messages, and clear your app data caches with an app like App Cache Cleaner.

Yosef Inocencio

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

tumblr_mr9a24QpQN1qafvhao1_250.jpg

thanks for your concern this is the photo of my storage setting sorry for low quality

- - - Updated - - -

tumblr_mr9a24QpQN1qafvhao1_250.jpg

thanks for your concern this is the photo of my storage setting sorry for low quality

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok, your phone seems to think you have plenty of available space. If I read that correctly, it's reporting 15.86 GB (not MB) available. And that's on your phone's internal storage, not an external SD card, correct? Is there any other storage memory that is reported (like Application Storage), or is it just reported as one storage area? Some phones have more limited memory dedicated to app storage (usually 1 to 3 GB), while others have only one large unified storage area--I'm not sure which way the Mini works.

Yosef Inocencio

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

no.. theres no other storage like application storage.. thats the only one... when i plug my phone to pc, it only shows 17.8 mb

Jojo Aquino

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

are you sure your phone is not fake. one thing to check is the samsung aps it should be read as Samsung Apps and not Apps only, i have a fake s3 mini made in korea that says i have 16gb storage but it says 17mb in pc

Ras45

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I'm in the same predicament. trying to get to the bottom of it. if i resolve it il let you know. please do the same if you fix the prob. email : rasbay6@gmail.com

esengbucks

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Here, they sell ntc mobile that looks like s3 mini... 16gb internal memory, one of my friends bought that bcoz its cheap. Notice the android version, 4.1.2 ...if you click it many times, jellybean image will pop, but nothing happened, also the there is no phone memory, only memory card that is i think built in... If you put another memory card, (external) it wil say sdcard2 ....that means its fake

Anthony Bato-on

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
so how can it be fix.. ? i also have fake s3mini, same problem i have on my s3 mini , because its internal storage indicates that 16 gb are available. but i can only use 17mb..

another problem , when i inserted my sd card i cant transfer any files from internal memory to my SD card..