"Not registered on network" Problem.

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody!

I'm quite sure somebody had this problem before me, but I can't find any posts with exactly the same situation than mine, so... that's it.

Well, basicalIy, I found a phone on the street a couple of days ago (Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190N). I unlocked it (T-Mobile) by IMEI so I could use it with my Vodafone SIM. After this, I rooted the phone and changed the firmware to CM 10. Stupidly, I didn't backup the EFS folder before doing this (I have installed mods in other android devices before and I never had a single problem so I thought it was a bit of a waste of time -.- ) and... Somehow I ended up with a nice phone without IMEI number (My phone couldn't even detect the SIM card)...

Since them, I tried different things and ended up installing a stock rom (Vodafone stock rom because I couldnt find the stock rom for T-Mobile) with Odin 3.0.7. because I read that was the best way to restore my IMEI info.
I did this and managed to get my phone working again; (Btw, on the first boot after flashin the stock rom I got stuck on a boot loop that I fixed by wiping the data and cache options on recovery [vol. up+home+power]) and now my phone detects the SIM card again (So I can see my contacts and everything) and I got my IMEI number back (the same I see on my battery) but I can't call or receive texts or tranfer data at all.

The funny thing is that I can see that I got some network coverage, as well as the little icon of "data transfer" (the one with "G", "2G", "3G", "H", and the two arrows etc...) working on the upper bar but every time I try to call/text/etc., it won't let me and I get an notification saying "Not registered on network".

When I go to settings to check my phone status I found the following:
Network: Vodafone UK
Service State: Out of Service
Mobile Network state: Connected
My phone number: Unknown
IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXX (My number here is right, I checked it)

I searched on a couple of websites to check if this IMEI was already blocked, just in case, but it always comes up as not blacklisted or anything so... I don't know! Can anybody give me a hand?
What should I try now?

Thanks in advance!

Faru Khan

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully your problem is solved, but if its not,, then here is the solution
google this file "ariza_JBv02.zip" download it..
first root your phone and then paste this file in sdcard. and boot your device in recovery mode by pressing volume up, power and home button.
then open this file. it will work for you..
best of luck.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
When I get that error it's because I'm on towers that my company doesn't have roaming agreements with (I think), I guess it only let's emergency calls.

Note 3 <Caesars>

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody!

I'm quite sure somebody had this problem before me, but I can't find any posts with exactly the same situation than mine, so... that's it.

Well, basicalIy, I found a phone on the street a couple of days ago (Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190N). I unlocked it (T-Mobile) by IMEI so I could use it with my Vodafone SIM. After this, I rooted the phone and changed the firmware to CM 10. Stupidly, I didn't backup the EFS folder before doing this (I have installed mods in other android devices before and I never had a single problem so I thought it was a bit of a waste of time -.- ) and... Somehow I ended up with a nice phone without IMEI number (My phone couldn't even detect the SIM card)...

Since them, I tried different things and ended up installing a stock rom (Vodafone stock rom because I couldnt find the stock rom for T-Mobile) with Odin 3.0.7. because I read that was the best way to restore my IMEI info.
I did this and managed to get my phone working again; (Btw, on the first boot after flashin the stock rom I got stuck on a boot loop that I fixed by wiping the data and cache options on recovery [vol. up+home+power]) and now my phone detects the SIM card again (So I can see my contacts and everything) and I got my IMEI number back (the same I see on my battery) but I can't call or receive texts or tranfer data at all.

The funny thing is that I can see that I got some network coverage, as well as the little icon of "data transfer" (the one with "G", "2G", "3G", "H", and the two arrows etc...) working on the upper bar but every time I try to call/text/etc., it won't let me and I get an notification saying "Not registered on network".

I searched on a couple of websites to check if this IMEI was already blocked, just in case, but it always comes up as not blacklisted or anything so... I don't know! Can anybody give me a hand?
What should I try now?

Thanks in advance!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, something is borked here.
Have you contacted Vodafone to see what their system says?
What about a different SIM?
Does the phone show a normal number of bars for cellular signal?
What about reflashing the whole damn thing to stock and wiping the cache again?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Lovely Millar

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody!

What should I try now?

Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15