Screen broken, how to recover my photo's?

LJKNL

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
The screen of my Samsung S3 mini is broken / black (fallen on the floor...).
I tried to use KIES to connect and save my photo's that are in the internal memory (not on the SD), but KIES states: "Device is locked".
I then tried to type the unlock-code on the Samsung, but I can't get it unlocked (perhaps the 'touch' part is broken too?).
Any thoughts/tips how to connect to the device to save my photos?
Thnx!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a post that states that you can go to the Samsung website and there's a 'Find my phone' link that'll allow you to remotely unlock the phone, after which Kies should be able to backup everything.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

bveyndhoven

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Connect it to your Windows PC using an USB cable. The phone should show up in Explorer as a multimedia device. You can browse the files from there and copy them to wherever you want to.

Posted via Android Central App using Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The phone should show up in Explorer as a multimedia device
Uh, sorry - his phone is locked - no content will show up in Windows until the phone is unlocked. But he can't unlock it because the screen is broken.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

jonniechamos

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
distorted letters

guys I have a problem with my web browsers it happens in chrome ,internet and dolphin browser and others except for Mozilla Firefox browser this is in my android phone...
Every time I type to its search tab, i cant see what i am typing
another is that all i can see is those distorted letters..
Screenshot_2013-12-18-16-54-50[1].pngScreenshot_2013-12-18-16-55-07[1].pngScreenshot_2013-12-18-16-56-15[1].png Screenshot_2013-12-18-16-55-35[1].png
attached here is the screenshots of my problem...please help me solve this one..thanks guys!!!

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
jonniechamos,
What does any of this have to do with the original thread topic? It's considered poor etiquette to hijack a thread with your own topic - please create your own thread if you can't find one that is similar to yours, and I'm sure you'll get some assistance.

Welcome to the forums, and please read the rules before proceeding.

jonniechamos

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
jonniechamos,
What does any of this have to do with the original thread topic? It's considered poor etiquette to hijack a thread with your own topic - please create your own thread if you can't find one that is similar to yours, and I'm sure you'll get some assistance.

Welcome to the forums, and please read the rules before proceeding.

sorry for that ...how to create new thread cant find it..thanks