Wifi Issues - Authentication Error

DJPigeon

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. It's only been a day but sadly there's already problems with it. Wifi was working perfectly yesterday. Until today when I checked the Wifi connection in the phone's settings, that it gives an error message of "Authentication error occurred."

I have looked up around the forums and other websites and have done the following:
- Forget the network and then reconnect
- Using the *#0011# trick
- Rebooting/Resetting my router
- Attempting to connect to a network with no password (same message shows up as well!)
- Changing the password of my Wifi network
- Connecting to someone else's Wifi network (with password)
- Configuring the network with the Static IP option
- Switching off other devices connected to the Wifi network
- Restoring factory settings (done that around 5 times)

After doing the restoring factory settings a few times, the error still shows. And now the phone is playing around - Wifi was turned off, I then turned it on through the settings and then the phone rebooted itself. Tried this a few times more, and then it popped up in Safe mode. Did another factory reset, set up the Wifi and then no Wifi networks showed up as available. Then just a moment later it says that my Wifi network (that I connected to) is not in range.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? And what just happened with networks showing and not showing, would you say that it is a network or a hardware issue?

This really sucks, might have to get the phone replaced... Spent a bit of time fitting in a screen protector and removing those little specks of dust :(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a problem with the phone - get it exchanged right away and they should give you a new one. (Are you sure you want the mini? I'm not that impressed with what I know about it.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GaryK1992

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Ive had this issue for weeks ive tried everything and now I finally got it working get your self a dual band router and connect to the 5ghz signal works perfect I connected my sky to my old virgin media dual band router and everything works now I know its not ideal but at least it will be working

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax