My Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini won't let me change my lock screen!

sophia_alv

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I want to know why my samsung galaxy s3 mini white will not let me change my lockscreen wallpaper. Firstly i go on my settings, display then wallpaper. When i do this my phone sends me to 3 options lockscreen, home screen or both. I only want to change my lockscreen, so i click on that. I then click gallery, pick a picture, save it then i restart my phone. Once i get on to my lock screen the wallpaper that i have chosen has not shown up on the screen it self... Have i dont something wrong? Do you have any ideas?

Also, when i pick a picture from my images it wont work, but when i use a wallpaper that has already been downloaded on my ohone, it will do it straight away.

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: My samsung galaxy s3 mini wont let me change my lock screen!

I believe that the wallpaper has to be a specific size - your pictures probably don't meet that requirement. If you do a search for 'custom wallpaper' you might turn up something that'll give you an answer.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

bveyndhoven

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Save, hit the back button, hit the home button and then lock your phone. Then pup up the lock screen again. The new wallpaper should show now.

Don't restart immediately after you hit save. It's only when you lock the phone and pop up the lock screen that the lock screen wallpaper is actually loaded into the active phone state and it's remembered upon reboot.

Posted via Android Central App using Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

Regina Panergo

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem. My Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini won't change home and lock screen. I tried the advice of bveyndhoven and nothing happened. When I pick a photo from the gallery, I crop it and set it as home and lock screens. When I lock it, both doesn't change. When I check my gallery, I see rotated versions (depending on the number of attempts I try to set is as wallpaper) of the photo I am trying to set as my home and lock screen. What do I do? Thanks.

bveyndhoven

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

I suggest you five the added rotated versions. A possible solution it's to install a custom launcher and/or lock screen, reboot and then install them. It sounds weird but it sometimes seems to resolve this kind of problems. Make sure you activated the custom launcher or luck screen before you reboot.

Otherwise I don't know anything else except factory reset and then request a system update.

Posted via Android Central App using Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

Sherry Martinelli

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I was having the same problem. I had to do a system update. After that I downloaded an app from the play store called Image 2 wallpaper. I found this info from a video on YouTube, the guy walks you through how to do it but it's pretty easy to figure out. After doing this I'm now able to use any image as a lock screen picture. I tried doing this before I did the system update but was still having the issue you described, so keep in mind if it doesn't work at 1st to try updating. I hope it works for you because I understand how frustrating it is.

Bilyana Andreeva

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I had the same issue and I found out from what it is, if you clicked "photos" and remembered that choice, it does not crop it as it suppose to be, try stopping it from the app management i think it an app from Google +, and see what happens, if that is the reason, you let it be like that or reset your settings :)

bryonysmith1D

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I want to know why my samsung galaxy s3 mini white will not let me change my lockscreen wallpaper. Firstly i go on my settings, display then wallpaper. When i do this my phone sends me to 3 options lockscreen, home screen or both. I only want to change my lockscreen, so i click on that. I then click gallery, pick a picture, save it then i restart my phone. Once i get on to my lock screen the wallpaper that i have chosen has not shown up on the screen it self... Have i dont something wrong? Do you have any ideas?

Also, when i pick a picture from my images it wont work, but when i use a wallpaper that has already been downloaded on my ohone, it will do it straight away.

bryonysmith1D

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello, yes this problem is very popular but I've come up with a solution to be able to change your lock screen. I have the s3 mini and it worked fine after I did the following; hold down the screen to get the options to change your home screen, lock screen, or both! Select both and then live wallpapers. Click on any live wallpaper and then come of it and lock so it can refresh. If you don't want the samsung wallpaper, AFTER you have used the live wallpaper for both screens, you then do the same method as above, (selecting both) but with your own picture. For me this worked? I hope it also works for you. This problem really needs to be sorted.

jacobwakeup21

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I figured it out. All you need to do is really reset your picture/photo/whatever handling app to default, Pictures. In my case, I used Google Photos. So I went to App management, reset cache, then tried to set the lockscreen again. But now it gave me the choice to do it with Pictures (once or always, I chose once). It crop it quite differently. And that's it. It's working!

Lauryn Rhodenburg

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I need help? I do not knw how to change my lock screen i changed it once and wen i tryed a different image i clicked always by accident how do i change it back???help me asap

Dina Alaa

May 17, 2015
Visit site