S3 Mini restart/switching off by itself problem
11-01-2016 06:38 PM
- Its been almost a year now since I've had this phone. Recently, my phone has been restarting/switching off by itself....once it turns off, it won't turn back on again unless I plug in the charger. If I try holding on to the power button once it happens, the "S3 mini logo" just keeps showing up and switches back off again. I even did a factory reset and still it didn't fix the problem. Even when I try going through my phone (reading messages, going through settings, opening an app), it'll just automatically have the problem again and switch off again. One time I kept my phone on sleep mode for about 5 hours, and after that I just wanted to make a phone call and again it just turned off.. please any help would be appreciated..
I was suggested to change my battery inside the phone and buy a new one - will that fix the problem or make a difference? if not, what suggestions would you make? Anyone has been going through the same problem with other devices or this one in particular?12-06-2013 07:01 PM
- Have the same problem...
In the morning around 7 when I unplug my charger batt is on 100%
10 min of browsing on wifi it goes to 85%.
It holds on 85% from 8-11 AM
Then I turn mobile data on, browse for about 20 sek and it crashes.
Keeps on restarting and batt is on 0%
I connect the charger batt is on 56% in couple minutes, and stays there till 6 PM
Around 6PM I turn wifi on, browse 20sec and it goes down again.
Not turning on until I connect charger.
When I connect charger it is again on 60%.
It drives me crazy already.
I tried hard reset but still the same problem.
Did someone solved this problem.
Is there any way to know is that from fault batter or fault android system?12-10-2013 11:36 AM
- So I have this problem for a while.at the beggining my phone occasionally turned off by itself.and when I turned it off battery was in critical mode.
After I thought because was problem with battery beeing addicted ordered new battery from eBay.
the phone worked whilst on charge.then it started to die whilst on charge.
Now the phone doesn't even work whilst on charge it just dies after 15secs of beeing on and sometimes just gets on a loop trying to turn on.
I tried with new battery and it's same thing. I tried resetting the phone but he dies obviously.so I tried on safe mode the reset (volume key,power key and home key)and he just resets and when it gets on, all apps are there so that means he's not resetting nothing at all.
Now I get messages like "phone tracker suddenly stopped" or "unfortunately,com.google.android.gm has stopped"
I tried to remove power safe off.
Did reset on settings all previous app definitions.
I couldn't find anything that helps on google.and I've noticed that the original battery is like bulgy.
I'm running 4.1.2 android version and kernel version 3.0.31-742346
Original battery made in Japan assembled in china GB/T18287-2000
I don't know if this info helps but please give an answer guys because I tried lots of things and nothing seems to work.02-19-2014 07:30 AM
- I have replied to another thread as well regarding this issue. I have the same problem and after inspecting the battery, I have found that it is slightly swollen. Replacing the battery should fix the issue, I still need to do it as well.
Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk02-28-2014 12:12 PM
- Well folks I ve had the same problem for a year now and despite i could send it for a warranty i tried different solutions (reinstalled apps, tried switching background working off, hitting hard the start button side of the phone to make it "pop out" a bit - thought i may pressed the button to hard and it stayed clicked, let is went out on battery and have a 12h rest ect. ) It worked from time to time and if i stayed in the city nothing really sucked to hard. But when i got back from a long trip and my S3 mini lost 100% battery two times in a row just by restarting itself i went mad. So what's my solution?
Grab a transparent tape or any kind of tool you find useful and add that 0,5mm of anything on the bottom of the batery. Make it "stick" more inside the metal cords in which you normally plug your battery. Restarted in a blink of a eye and works like new.
Hope it will work for you, cheers!03-17-2014 05:17 PM
I am having the same problem - I charge my phone all night then if I go to write a text or go on any apps (such as Facebook or The Guardian) or for like 10 minutes the phone automatically restarts and shows the battery as totally empty with the "!" showing. Then it just gets stuck in a restart cycle but never actually gets to the screen - the only way I can stop it is to take the battery out.
The strange thing is - when I put my phone on charge after this the battery shows as 75% full. Also if I turn my phone on a few hours after the restart cycle - the battery shows as half full.
I was just wondering if anyone had found out if this is something wrong with the actual model or a battery issue - IT'S SO INCREDIBLY ANNOYING! I've had my phone for just over a year and have like another 6 months of my contract left....03-26-2014 07:58 AM
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk03-26-2014 11:49 AM
How old is your phone?
Have you tried taking the battery out and putting it on a flat surface and spinning it? If the battery is slightly bulged/swollen (a sign that it's failing) it'll spin easily.
Did this problem just recently start? It could be one or more apps, or a poor signal causing your battery to die quickly. You could try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 to see if an app is causing the problem; you could put it in Airplane Mode to see if it's a signal issue.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk04-02-2014 11:38 AM
- I'm also facing same problem
phone is working well on charging but after charged at 100% when i took photo with flash it goes shut down and it won't turn back on again unless I plug in the charger. If I try holding on to the power button once it happens, the "S3 mini logo" just keeps showing up and switches back off again sometimes on restart it shows battery as totally empty with the "!" showing.
pls anyone help me to solve the problem05-05-2014 02:48 AM
- Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried some of the suggestions in this thread, like trying a new battery?
Also try clearing the system cache partition in the Recovery menu. You won't lose any personal data. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!05-05-2014 03:28 AM
- My S3 mini had the same problem as described above. The phone had been restarting/switching off by itself....once it turns off, it won't turn back on again unless I plug in the charger. When I inspected the battery, it was a little swollen. I changed the battery and the phone is now working perfectly.05-31-2014 03:49 PMLike 1
- Hey guys, my Samsung Galaxy s3 Mini is nearly 2 years old, and has the same problems as all of yours. When it gets to about 70% it'll turn off, and won't turn back on without a charger. Sometimes when it turns back on it'll have no battery, sometimes the battery will be full.
Some of you mentioned that getting a new battery could help, but I discovered that it didn't help for me (The spinning battery test also helped). After discovering that it wasn't that I needed a new battery, I checked the connectors on the battery and on the phone (the gold bits). My friend had a problem where a very thin film had created in between the connectors causing a problem, but if this is the problem you can solve if by very gently cleaning the gold squares on your battery by scraping lightly with a needle.06-06-2014 05:15 PM
- Welcome to the forums and thanks for your solution!
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk06-06-2014 09:16 PM
- I'm having the same problem since a few weeks.
My Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (GT-I8190 Android 4.1.2), which I have over a year now, crashes when using a random app or internetbrowser, than reboots itself and says battery is low (before crash battery was over 80%). After reboot, it keeps rebooting. Only connecting to a poweradapter stops the bootloop.
Tried severall of the above 'solutions', none of them worked.
Cleaned the battery connectors
Battery isn't swollen
Made the battery 'stick' better
Cleaned cache in bootmenu
Reset the phone to manufacturing standards
Will try to switch battery with a collegues phone in a few days, just to make sure it is not the battery.
If anyone has an other solution, please share it!
Thnx i.a.06-10-2014 04:40 AM
- Welcome to the forums!
RAVPower 3.8V 2250mAh Cell phone Replacement Battery http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00962OR5M?...cUvbUpU3702621
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk06-10-2014 11:56 AM
- Had the same problem.
Took it to Samsung Service Centre as it finally stopped working altogether. Once I told them that I had had it for 18 months and it was covered by a 2 year warranty they told me that the phone had liquid ingress and was not covered by the warranty. very convienient.
I have written to Samsung pointing out that the phone had been to an O2 shop and another samsung shop for the fault to be investigated, neither had said liquid was the problem. They had suggested I go to Service Centre where the phone could be fixed in two days. They have not replied!!!07-16-2014 02:10 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
S3 Mini restart/switching off by itself problem
- By Mooncatt in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 12-07-2013, 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD