1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone not charging

Hi I've had the S3 mini for about two months now, and is suddenly not charging.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Phone not charging

Have you tried using a different charger?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, I've tried several, im not sure if its an app ive installed or if I just need to get samsung to fix a problem with the phone.

Here's the first thing to try
    - turn the phone off completely (long-press the Power button; select 'Power off' in the Device options dialog)
    - connect the charger
    Do you see a battery graphic on the screen, showing the current battery level?
    Does the phone appear to be charging normally? (It should take no more than two hours to fully charge the phone.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Sibusiso Mbele View Post
    Hi I've had the S3 mini for about two months now, and is suddenly not charging.

It is still under warranty, right? You can call the customer support and have the unit changed. Good luck!

I've had the same problem but was able to fix it myself.

Take or the battery. Use a needle between clean the micro USB port. Then bend the pun just a little towards the screen. Connect the phone to your charger without the battery shooting in it. Unplug the charger. Clean the battery contacts and mount the battery back in place. Connect the phone to the charger for about an hour and then unplug it for about an hour. Then do a full charge (6 to 8 hours). Drain the battery to under 20%. Another charge to 100% and then everything should be fine.

It's quite a procedure but it still beats losing your phone for 3 weeks to warranty :-)

Posted via Android Central App using Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini