not registered on network

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini , Model GT-I8190N, Android version 4.1.2. . (Consumer Cellular service - my daughter got a Galaxy Y S-5360 and it works great!)

It worked with my wifi at home but wouldn't use 3g outside. When I went to another location with wifi, it told me "not registered on network". I could get internet but not make a phone call. I did a factory reset and it updated. Now I get "not registered" at home.

What can I do? what other information can I give you? I am really not savvy to any smart phone "stuff". I know what an OS is and I was able to find all the phone information but I wanted to just add my sim, use my phone and learn about it on the way. I didn't know this would be such a problem.
I've read some posts that say to use the file "ariza_JBv02.zip" . What does it do? Is this the right thing for my problem? I'm really afraid to mess it up.
I'm hoping someone can help me, please.
Thank you

Last edited:

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (unlocked EUR- but I am in Seattle), Model GT-I8190N, Android version 4.1.2. . (Consumer Cellular service - my daughter got a Galaxy Y S-5360 and it works great!)

It worked with my wifi at home but wouldn't use 3g outside. When I went to another location with wifi, it told me "not registered on network". I could get internet but not make a phone call. I did a factory reset and it updated. Now I get "not registered" at home.

What can I do? what other information can I give you? I am really not savvy to any smart phone "stuff". I know what an OS is and I was able to find all the phone information but I wanted to just add my sim, use my phone and learn about it on the way. I didn't know this would be such a problem.
I've read some posts that say to use the file "ariza_JBv02.zip" . What does it do? Is this the right thing for my problem? I'm really afraid to mess it up.
I'm hoping someone can help me, please.
Thank you

The GT-I8190N (N=NFC version) should work in US (2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 and 3G Network HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100), however some operators using 1700 (I think its the T-Mob, but not sure).
That EUR in your post (if part of your ROM) then its for Greek market.
In any case I would get latest ROM and flash it with Odin 3.0.7...