1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Default Recommended to enter Google account even if you don't install any apps?

For a new AT&T SG3 mini does one (or rather should one) enter a Google account to make sure your phone gets updates to the apps that were pre-installed, like Chrome browser? My Dad doesn't have a Google Account, and he will only use the apps that are pre-installed, but should I still set up a Google Account and log him in, or will AT&T's regular updates be enough because he'll never install one single app. The only apps he'll use are the pre-installed android email client, chrome browser, and native SMS texting. Weather widgets too.

Side note--- I guess I have another question. I'm a bit confused because there is also a Samsung App store. Can that be removed, should it be, or will the pre-installed apps be updated through Samsung's App store?

Default Re: Recommended to enter Google account even if you don't install any apps?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    For a new AT&T SG3 mini does one (or rather should one) enter a Google account to make sure your phone gets updates to the apps that were pre-installed, like Chrome browser? My Dad doesn't have a Google Account, and he will only use the apps that are pre-installed, but should I still set up a Google Account and log him in, or will AT&T's regular updates be enough because he'll never install one single app. The only apps he'll use are the pre-installed android email client, chrome browser, and native SMS texting. Weather widgets too.

Side note--- I guess I have another question. I'm a bit confused because there is also a Samsung App store. Can that be removed, should it be, or will the pre-installed apps be updated through Samsung's App store?
    you should add google account to at least update apps that came default with the phone like chrome, magazine, music etc
    Last edited by still1; 01-09-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Thanked by:
    jdbii