Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts

Default Recommended to enter Google account even if you don't install any apps?

For a new AT&T SG3 mini does one (or rather should one) enter a Google account to make sure your phone gets updates to the apps that were pre-installed, like Chrome browser? My Dad doesn't have a Google Account, and he will only use the apps that are pre-installed, but should I still set up a Google Account and log him in, or will AT&T's regular updates be enough because he'll never install one single app. The only apps he'll use are the pre-installed android email client, chrome browser, and native SMS texting. Weather widgets too.

Side note--- I guess I have another question. I'm a bit confused because there is also a Samsung App store. Can that be removed, should it be, or will the pre-installed apps be updated through Samsung's App store?

Default Re: Recommended to enter Google account even if you don't install any apps?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    For a new AT&T SG3 mini does one (or rather should one) enter a Google account to make sure your phone gets updates to the apps that were pre-installed, like Chrome browser? My Dad doesn't have a Google Account, and he will only use the apps that are pre-installed, but should I still set up a Google Account and log him in, or will AT&T's regular updates be enough because he'll never install one single app. The only apps he'll use are the pre-installed android email client, chrome browser, and native SMS texting. Weather widgets too.

Side note--- I guess I have another question. I'm a bit confused because there is also a Samsung App store. Can that be removed, should it be, or will the pre-installed apps be updated through Samsung's App store?
    you should add google account to at least update apps that came default with the phone like chrome, magazine, music etc
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Thanked by:
    jdbii