1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 Mini: Think i've bricked my phone... please, please help.

Have a Galaxy S3 Mini.

I was getting a message saying "Not Registered on Network"... so I thought I'd be clever and follow a guide to root my phone and run a program that would solve it.

However I followed the instructions and now my phone won't get past the Galaxy logo screen. It's a phone I bought for my wife and it's just not working now.

It goes into download? mode (volume down, home, power) and I can do stuff in Odin. I'm just incredibly inexperienced with this stuff and have no clue what to do now.

If anyone can help me at all I would really appreciate it. I would even be happy to pay to get this sorted to whoever on here is able to give me the solution.

I look forward to hearing from any of you.

Many thanks,

Daf
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-11-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Global Posts
    13,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Think i've bricked my phone... please, please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd Davies View Post
    Have a Galaxy S3 Mini.

I was getting a message saying "Not Registered on Network"... so I thought I'd be clever and follow a guide to root my phone and run a program that would solve it.

However I followed the instructions and now my phone won't get past the Galaxy logo screen. It's a phone I bought for my wife and it's just not working now.

It goes into download? mode (volume down, home, power) and I can do stuff in Odin. I'm just incredibly inexperienced with this stuff and have no clue what to do now.

If anyone can help me at all I would really appreciate it. I would even be happy to pay to get this sorted to whoever on here is able to give me the solution.

I look forward to hearing from any of you.

Many thanks,

Daf
    You can try looking on Sammobile or Samsung updates.com for your stock ROM file to reflash it. However, many sites like these used Hotfile to store their libraries, and hotfile voluntarily shut down a month or so ago. Finding files may be a daunting task right now, but that is your first step.
    Second would be to use the file in Odin to flash the ROM. Here is how: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    You can try looking on Sammobile or Samsung updates.com for your stock ROM file to reflash it. However, many sites like these used Hotfile to store their libraries, and hotfile voluntarily shut down a month or so ago. Finding files may be a daunting task right now, but that is your first step.
    Second would be to use the file in Odin to flash the ROM. Here is how: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN
    Or go on Google and type Samsung s3 mini factory image I'm sure you'll come across a link that doesn't use hotfile....

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hi,

Managed to follow these instructions which worked:

Now need to find a Rom? to flash my phone with. All links are to hotfile which no longer exists. This is annoying.