1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 Mini: Custom Ringtones or Notification Sounds for Calendar, Text Messages and Email.

Hi,

I've had the Samsung S3 III mini for about a week and have searched the internet for what I'm looking for and have found nothing.

The first thing I'd like to say is that I don't like any of the default ringtones or notification sounds, so I created my own. I connected my phone to my computer and have copied the mp3 files to the music and sounds folders on my SD card and ringtones, sounds and music on the phone. So far I have been able to use a custom ringtone for when my phone rings and alarms. Setting alarms is kind of a pain because whenever I set one, I have to choose the ringtone I want for each alarm. I'm not able to set it up to use the custom ringtone that I want automatically. The calendar, Email, and Messaging will only allow me to choose the default ringtones or sounds. I have searched the phone directories and can't find the default sounds and ringtones to possibly add my custom ringtones.

Is there a way to add custom ringtones to the default list of ringtones for the calendar, messaging and email?

Thanks,

Ken
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-30-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Default Re: Custom Ringtones or NotificationSounds for Calendar, Text Messages and Email.

For the Calendar, Email and Messaging the MP3's need to be in a folder named Notifications on the Internal SD.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Custom Ringtones or NotificationSounds for Calendar, Text Messages and Email.

Quote Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
    For the Calendar, Email and Messaging the MP3's need to be in a folder named Notifications on the Internal SD.
    Thanks GTWalling,

I did what you instructed and it worked. Thank you.

Ken

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Mini: Custom Ringtones or Notification Sounds for Calendar, Text Messages and Email.

i have to root 1st?

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Mini: Custom Ringtones or Notification Sounds for Calendar, Text Messages and Email.

No, you don't need root to do this.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

For a newbie (with an S5) - can you tell me how to do that ? I am running Kies on a Mac at the moment.

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmouthmedia View Post
    For a newbie (with an S5) - can you tell me how to do that ? I am running Kies on a Mac at the moment.
    I don't know what Kies looks like on a Mac, but when you connect the phone to your Mac (before loading Kies) it should show you a Finder (hope that's the correct term) window showing the contents of the phone (be sure the phone is in MTP mode). Just drag the mp3s that you want to use into the Notifications folder on the phone.

If for some reason you don't see the Notifications folder, just drop them anywhere on the phone, then disconnect the phone and use the 'My Files' app on the phone to find them and move them to the Notifications folder.

Once those files are there they should show up in the list when you want to select a ringtone/notification.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk