Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
02-05-2014 11:50 AM
1 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default using phone as "ipod" by putting in a different sim to go abroad

Hi
    my son has this phone and as he has put his music and apps on it he wants to take this on the school trip to Austria BUT we don't want the chance of his contract being charged for calls or data and he doesn't need to text whilst he is away SO we tried taking the sim out but the phone won't work without it. I was wondering whether to get a payg sim from Sainsburys (it uses the vodafone network) and just put it in so it has a sim but to all intent and purposes it is useless as we won't put any money on it. Does anyone think this will work?

thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Default Re: using phone as "ipod" by putting in a different sim to go abroad

Quote Originally Posted by womanofkent View Post
    Hi
    my son has this phone and as he has put his music and apps on it he wants to take this on the school trip to Austria BUT we don't want the chance of his contract being charged for calls or data and he doesn't need to text whilst he is away SO we tried taking the sim out but the phone won't work without it.
    Here in the US you can suspend a line with or without billing. Can your provider do that? If the line is suspended, no charges can be incurred period. Now if you opt for suspend with billing, you still have to pay for the line and the time counts towards reducing your contract length. If you opt for suspend without billing, then no charges can be incurred on the line but the time does not count towards reducing your contract length.