Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default s3 mini keeps restarting and shutting off

Hello everybody,
    I have been having a problem with my phone.
    I have had it less than a year and it started recently restarting non stop
    it is like a loop, it sometimes doesn't even come to the point were you see samsung logo with a purple ribbon around it
    two screens repeat indefinitely like it is trying to start, but it doesn't happen
    it rarely does
    it works fine on a charger
    battery doesn't appear drained out most of the time when it happens
    it has 32 gb SD card in it, but taking it out doesn't do a trick
    i restored factory settings and held all the buttons together to clear the cache and it didn't work.
    Does anybody know what I can do?
    Thank you so much

Default Re: s3 mini keeps restarting and shutting off

Welcome to Android Central! Remove the battery, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, that means it's bulging in the middle, and that means the battery's gone bad.

I have the same problem and I change the battery.i have a thread opened and no answers.

So I have this problem for a while.at the beggining my phone occasionally turned off by itself.and when I turned it off battery was in critical mode.
    After I thought because was problem with battery beeing addicted ordered new battery from eBay.
    the phone worked whilst on charge.then it started to die whilst on charge.
    Now the phone doesn't even work whilst on charge it just dies after 15secs of beeing on and sometimes just gets on a loop trying to turn on.
    I tried with new battery and it's same thing. I tried resetting the phone but he dies obviously.so I tried on safe mode the reset (volume key,power key and home key)and he just resets and when it gets on, all apps are there so that means he's not resetting nothing at all.
    Now I get messages like "phone tracker suddenly stopped" or "unfortunately,com.google.android.gm has stopped"
    I tried to remove power safe off.
    Did reset on settings all previous app definitions.
    I couldn't find anything that helps on google.and I've noticed that the original battery is like bulgy.
    I'm running 4.1.2 android version and kernel version 3.0.31-742346
    Model GT-I8190N
    Original battery made in Japan assembled in china GB/T18287-2000
    I don't know if this info helps but please give an answer guys because I tried lots of things and nothing seems to work.