Trouble syncing gmail, play and chrome

Devaraj Sandberg

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a secondhand S3 mini, which seems to work fine, except it won't sync with Google. I log in and enter verification code but it won't sync downloaded apps, gmail. play, chrome. Network connectivity is fine, auto-sync is on, software up to date, but since I first switched it on 6 hours ago it won't sync google.

The error message I get is... Couldn't sign in. There was a problem communicating with the Google servers. Try again later

Can anyone help?

Dev

Last edited:

Devaraj Sandberg

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
It's bizarre. I used to get dramas with those app specific passwords, but this is an Android device so it shoudn't need those. I noticed that when I first tried to log in to Google it wouldn't do it with the standard Android programme so it had to be done via a browser. It logged in fine but then refused to sync anything. Nick

Devaraj Sandberg

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
It's bizarre. I used to get dramas with those app specific passwords, but this is an Android device so it shoudn't need those. I noticed that when I first tried to log in to Google it wouldn't do it with the standard Android programme so it had to be done via a browser. It logged in fine but then refused to sync anything. Nick

Just to complete, as it's working now, I got it to sync to Google by switching off 2 stage verification (from my laptop) for 10 minutes whilst I logged in from the phone. Don't know why this worked, but it did! Dev

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci