Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trouble syncing gmail, play and chrome

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a secondhand S3 mini, which seems to work fine, except it won't sync with Google. I log in and enter verification code but it won't sync downloaded apps, gmail. play, chrome. Network connectivity is fine, auto-sync is on, software up to date, but since I first switched it on 6 hours ago it won't sync google.

The error message I get is... Couldn't sign in. There was a problem communicating with the Google servers. Try again later

Can anyone help?

Dev
    Last edited by Devaraj Sandberg; 02-28-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Default Re: Trouble syncing gmail, play and chrome

I am having this issue with a brand new Note 10.1 2014. What gives?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's bizarre. I used to get dramas with those app specific passwords, but this is an Android device so it shoudn't need those. I noticed that when I first tried to log in to Google it wouldn't do it with the standard Android programme so it had to be done via a browser. It logged in fine but then refused to sync anything. Nick
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Devaraj Sandberg View Post
    It's bizarre. I used to get dramas with those app specific passwords, but this is an Android device so it shoudn't need those. I noticed that when I first tried to log in to Google it wouldn't do it with the standard Android programme so it had to be done via a browser. It logged in fine but then refused to sync anything. Nick
    Just to complete, as it's working now, I got it to sync to Google by switching off 2 stage verification (from my laptop) for 10 minutes whilst I logged in from the phone. Don't know why this worked, but it did! Dev
    Thanked by: