Cannot connect or communicate with Google servers

lunytnz

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a new Galaxy S3 Mini and connected to my existing Google account, which seemed to work, but I can't get to the Play Store and I can't get to my GMail account, either... it just spins and spins and finally says "Cannot connect with Google servers (try again later)". I've tried 3 times over the past 2 days, but it's always the same. I can get to my GMail on the web using the browser on the Mini, so I have the right username and password. I even tried removing the account and adding it again, but run into the same roadblock.

Any ideas on how to get my new phone to connect to Google? Without a connection to the store, the phone is not very useful for apps and e-mail.

lunytnz

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
After continued searches in forums, I found that the problem seems to be 2-step verification. If you sign in on the web and turn 2-step verification OFF (under Security), then remove and re-add the Account on the phone, it will work. I was able to get to my GMail and to the Play Store. I then thought it would be a good idea to turn 2-step verification back on, but then I couldn't get to the Play Store again... got the "Couldn't sign in... there was a problem communicating with the Google servers. Try again later." message.

I looked into adding an app-specific password, but it doesn't seem like should have to do that. I guess, for now, no more 2-step verification!

Amanda Dupuis

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I would like to say "HALLELUJAH!!! (and) PRAISE THE LORD!!!" for your post!!! I've been searching for 2 days as to WHY in the world I was having this stupid trouble and could find nothing!!! And then this post had the answer and it worked! Thank God for finding answers! And thank you for posting them!!!

Brutus2002

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for posting this. I felt like I was about to lose my mind after so many searches to find out why gmail had completely stopped syncing on my Samsung Galaxy S3 2 days ago. Had no idea it was from having turned on 2FA in google acct settings ... unexpected on an android device.

I didn't have to delete / re-set up my gmail acct. About 10 minutes after disabling 2FA, powering off phone, & then restarting it, new emails were coming in on their own.

M_ossey

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the necropost but found this and it was useful.

Indeed 2-step verification did cause this problem for me on a droid phone 4.4.4, but, you do not need to remove 2-step in order to access this on your phone. Google will provide(at your request) 'App Passwords' specifically for this. So, you just sign in using your email and the Google-provided app password.

support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

Zi Ju

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem on a Galaxy SIII Mini. After hours with tech support, they had me do a Factory Reset, and that solved the problem immediately! They told me that if somehow you do not register correctly the first time ( I think I skipped creating a Google account) then this problem might occur. So, save all your info and do a Factory Reset, then login to your Google account when asked during the initial setup.

Ibish Veseli

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
hey people sorry for my bad english
this problem is because your android is rooted
if you want to fix this problem for play store go from website in phone to install play store.apk and this problem is fixed if not work write to me i can fix this problem
Bye from republic of kosova

Carsten Volz

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-I747 and it was rooted. I uninstalled the root correctly, my 2-step verification is already off, and reset my phone. I can't use the Play Store in browser becausemy browser is "outdated" according to google. But I can't download Google Chrome either.

MsDemit3

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a rooted Galaxy Note 3 running the Note 4 system. I can not connect to my google accounts on this phone. The playstore does not recognize the phone, it only shows my other devices when logging into playstore.

MsDemit3

May 6, 2015
Visit site
hey people sorry for my bad english
this problem is because your android is rooted
if you want to fix this problem for play store go from website in phone to install play store.apk and this problem is fixed if not work write to me i can fix this problem
Bye from republic of kosova

I attempted this, however, that didnt do anything from what I can tell. I still get the same message.

hayden wade

May 20, 2015
Visit site
hey buddy you have good English. i haven't been able to communicate with google servers ever since i updated my software to lollipop 5.0.1 and now i have 5.1. my phone is a LG G3. it was rooted but i factory reset it but i don't know if that unroots it.

Janu Jan

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
i haven't been able to communicate with google servers ever since i updated my software to lollipop 5.0.1 and now i have 5.1. my phone is a LG G3. it was rooted but i factory reset it but i don't know if that unroots it.

joel serrao

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-I747 and it was rooted. I uninstalled the root correctly, my 2-step verification is already off, and reset my phone. I can't use the Play Store in browser becausemy browser is "outdated" according to google. But I can't download Google Chrome either.

Just download the latest apk of Google Chrome
and install it

clavel21

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a new phone SONY P8.I want to download apps but i couldn't because i can't connect to google server even if i entered my email and password correctly.Please help me.

RV11

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I found a workaround. No need to disable 2FA and no need to remove/re-add google account. This was tested/done on a never-rooted phone.

1) Open mobile standard browser
2) Go to google.com
3) Click top-right and sign in to your 2FA protected google account
4) Enter 2FA authentication (I use Google Authenticater on another phone)
5) Go back to the Android page where you had to signin to Google (usually a swipe down and then exclamation mark triangle tap)
6) Sign in. This time you will get a different error, it will say you need to web-signin. Click next or whatever is "next" on that page.
7) Sign in to Google via web page presented (looks to be framed browser)
8) All works fine now.

No warranties. Information provided "as is" with no guarantees. Though I personally saw no risk with it, do at your own risk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance