What's The Easiest Way to Get Music on S3 Mini?

Chris Bates1

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Recent iPhone defector with S3 mini (international). Trying to get music from my desktop to my s3 mini.Does the phone have any internal memory that can be used, or do I have to buy an SD cared? I used Kies (Samsung's App) and Snappea, but both didn't do the job. Kies doesn't want to recognize my phone through a 3rd party data cable, but I'm told the cable could be the issue. Don't want to transfer using WiFi, unless I have to (painfully slow). Snappea doesn't even seem to give me an option for music, only photos.

What do you S3 Mini users use to get music onto your phone? What's the setup? Do you use a specific app? File Explorer? Data cable? Branded? Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks in advance !

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Recent iPhone defector with S3 mini (international). Trying to get music from my desktop to my s3 mini.Does the phone have any internal memory that can be used, or do I have to buy an SD cared? I used Kies (Samsung's App) and Snappea, but both didn't do the job. Kies doesn't want to recognize my phone through a 3rd party data cable, but I'm told the cable could be the issue. Don't want to transfer using WiFi, unless I have to (painfully slow). Snappea doesn't even seem to give me an option for music, only photos.

What do you S3 Mini users use to get music onto your phone? What's the setup? Do you use a specific app? File Explorer? Data cable? Branded? Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks in advance !

It might be the cable that is the problem. Usually you just drag and drop the music into your phone without the need for a program like Kies.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Since you're coming from the Apple ecosystem you may want to try something like iSyncr: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.jrtstudio.iSyncrLite&token=nxIuc4Dj (this is just a trial version for you to see if it works for you).

Why aren't you using the original data cable that came with the phone? Kies should have no problem recognizing your device. You are using Kies v2.6?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles