S3 mini continually shuts down and restarts every 10seconds since 5am this morning
Woken up at 5am by the sound of my Samsung Start Up screen playing. I have had that on silent setting since got the phone a year ago. About ten seconds later, it shut down and restart immediately. Same thing over and over till I power off. Did a battery pull and mo joy. Also, when it first happened, battery was at 93%, then went to 97%, then 85%. Then date changed to 1st Jan 2012. Help!
Re: S3 mini continually shuts down and restarts every 10seconds since 5am this morning
Welcome to the forums!
When you pull the battery and reinsert it does the phone start up on its own?
Have you tried booting into Safe mode? http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242
Can you boot into Recovery mode or Download mode?
- you use Recovery mode to clear the system cache or to Factory Reset
- you use Download (aka Odin) mode (showing the Android guy) to load/reload firmware
- the key sequences to enter both modes are very similar, and they are timing dependent so it may take a few tries to get it working
-- Recovery = Volume Up + Home + Power
-- Download = Volume Down + Home + Power
- for either, you start with the phone completely off
- press and hold the required keys simultaneously, and release them all when you see the swirling logo (not the static white text)
Try Recovery mode first (use the Volume rockers to navigate; use the Power button to select) and if it boots into this mode just clear the cache and then restart. If the phone doesn't boot normally then try Download mode and get back to us (there's more information you'll need for Download mode to be useful).
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk