Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Keyboard problems-prediction of next word and losing words from dictionary

Hi guys,
    Recently my Samsung keyboard on my s3 mini has stopped predicting the next word I am going to use.
    Previously, it was able to remember whole sentences I had written in the past and predict them again if the same few starter words were used.
    It no longer does this, and in addition, it has forgotten words I had previously added and now refuses to re-add them to my dictionary, no matter how many times I use them.
    My name, email address and the names of other people I know have vanished from the dictionary, and I have no idea how to get them to come back.
    The only thing I can think of that may have caused this was when I downloaded a custom colour keyboard. However, when I realised that the custom keyboard didn't have any of my remembered data, I deleted the app and went back to my old keyboard. I don't know if this changed any of my keyboard settings, and I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue online (although surely someone else must have had this). So, any help with this would be great.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Samsung Keyboard problems-prediction of next word and losing words from dictionary

Have you tried just resetting the Samsung keyboard? Go to Settings -> My device (if using the Tab view) -> Language and input -> select the gear icon next to 'Samsung keyboard', scroll to the bottom of the list and click 'Reset settings'.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung Keyboard problems-prediction of next word and losing words from dictionary

That seems to have worked in so far as getting the dictionary to remember my words, like name and email address, so thank you!
    I'm not sure yet if it has solved the other issue of the dictionary not being good at predicting my sentences like it used to, only time will tell that I suppose!
    Thanks.