- 1 Posts
I urgently need assistance with this issue I have. My wife's galaxy s3 mini got purple spots on the screen and in a matter of a couple of hours the entire screen has gone purple. Any help on why it would do this or how to fix it. The phone still works as it should just the purple screen that is not right... You can still see everything in the background. Thanks
- 04-19-2014, 06:59 PM #2
- 6,973 Posts
Re: Purple screen
Welcome to the forums!
As far as what caused it - dropping the phone; a hard contact with the screen surface; exposure to liquid, just to name the common ones.
The fix - replace the screen assembly. Here are a couple of sources for replacement screen assemblies (for the S3 - they may also carry screens for the Mini):
Of course, it might be cheaper to buy a Moto G - those things are dirt cheap (off contract) these days, and are a great phone for the money.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By minidre in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 21Last Post: 11-20-2016, 10:24 PM
- By cjohns024 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 04-23-2014, 11:32 PM
- By Soham26 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 04-21-2014, 09:42 PM
- By NJMama in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 04-19-2014, 07:17 PM
- By PsychDoc in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-19-2014, 04:47 PM