Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 Mini menu button problem.

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my S3 mini, where the menu button in the bottom right of the phone seems to be stuck down, like someone is continuosly pushing it. The menu keeps flashing on the screen and it is very annoying and i cant really use my phone. Also the back button has lost its light.
    Please respond :)

Default Re: S3 Mini menu button problem.

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you have a hardware problem, since those are capacitive buttons (they don't physically get pressed down - they just detect your finger touch). If your phone is still in the warranty period you should be able to get it repaired by Samsung.

If it's not in warranty or you want to do it yourself you can look for the part - I THINK that you just need the front frame (ex. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...ement-service/ - note that this is the part for the S3 but they may carry parts for the Mini; just call them to be sure).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you, but the menu button seems to be in a continuous loop, like i've left my finger on it and it just keeps opening and closing the menu. Would really appreciate some tips because getting it repaired i'd like to be a final option.

All I could suggest would be to turn the phone completely off, remove the battery, and then use a cotton swab with a little (not soaked) alcohol to clean the surface around that button.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Hi, have you found a fix for your button yet? I having the same problem

You could factory reset your phone... if yes switch off your phone completely... and then hold the volume up button + home button+ power button all three at the same time.... once you feel a gentle vibration from your device let go of the power button and carry on to hold the home and volume up button, you'll see an recovery page appear... with your volume button go down to clear cache and go back up to reboot device.... if this don't work go through the same process and this time factory reset your device, once it's finished it has to be fixed.... ( make sure you have backed up your photos and musics)

Posted via Android Central App

Hi., have you found a fix for your button yet? I having the same problem in my s3mini.