I've lost the Text Messages icon on my Samsung galaxy s3 mini

Kylie Sene

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
My phone ran out of battery earlier on and now that I've switched it on I've realized that there is no sign of my messages, the icon has been deleted off my phone. I cannot receive text messages either. My aptoide says it needs updating however when I click to update it it says the stores aren't compatible with the version of aptoide. I really dont understanD how text messages can be taken off regardless whether it needs updating. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Apparently 'Aptoide' is some kind of app browser? I don't see anything by that name in the Google Play Store, although it looks like it may have been there at one time.

What Messaging app do you normally use? If it's the stock app it should still be in your Apps Drawer, even if the icon got removed from your Home screen for some reason. And if you use the stock Messaging app you should still be getting TMs as long as you have a good cellular signal.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Kylie Sene

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I rebooted my phone and obviously everything was back to normal but literally less than a week later my messages ICON has disappeared AGAIN, when someone texts me it's like it doesn't exist - I receive nothing. I tried getting it back to the stock messages but have not been able to. What I dont understand is how can I be getting updates for the messages if messages isnt a downloaded app?

Thank you!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There should only be one app named 'Messaging' in your Apps Drawer, and it should not be receiving updates. It also shouldn't be randomly disappearing from your Home screen, and certainly not from the Apps Drawer.

What app are you using? Can you provide a link to the Google Play Store? If necessary you can use something like Share Apps http://market.android.com/details?id=com.theronrogers.shareapps to generate a list of all of your apps and to share the link in question.

Without more information I can't hazard a guess about what might be going on.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

adeanhobdy

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This same thing has just happened to me. The app is not on my phone or in my apps center on my phone. I am not sure what to do. I went to my settings, application manager... scrolled down and couldn't find messaging to see if it is disabled or turned off. Just gone

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
The app is not on my phone or in my apps center on my phone. I am not sure what to do. I went to my settings, application manager... scrolled down and couldn't find messaging to see if it is disabled or turned off. Just gone
It would be very unusual for the Messaging app to completely disappear from your phone since it's one of the built-in applications.
When you looked in the Application manager did you scroll right to the ALL tab? Or further right to the TURNED OFF tab? It should be in one of those places.

Jeanskeeter

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!It would be very unusual for the Messaging app to completely disappear from your phone since it's one of the built-in applications.
When you looked in the Application manager did you scroll right to the ALL tab? Or further right to the TURNED OFF tab? It should be in one of those places.

3762chrisb

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Cheers for the info. Went back to APPs on my samsung s3 mini, scrolled right once or twice and then scrolled down and found messages again much to my releif and reactivated it, I think I had inadvertently deactivated it after getting suspicious and unwanted texts arrriving, i will be careful in future, but how do you block these unwanted texts its like spam ?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Cheers for the info. Went back to APPs on my samsung s3 mini, scrolled right once or twice and then scrolled down and found messages again much to my releif and reactivated it, I think I had inadvertently deactivated it after getting suspicious and unwanted texts arrriving, i will be careful in future, but how do you block these unwanted texts its like spam ?

Hi!
If you open messages and then open configuration, there should be a section "spam", probably somewhere at the bottom. You'll probably find a possibility to opt for "general spam", a standard spam filter, but also you can choose to block messages from specific people. And if you want, you can block messages from unknown senders. If you have the time, you can even generate your very own spam filter: either blacklist seperate words and/or complete sentences. Once settled, you can review those spam messages in a seperate folder (also configurations). Good luck!

Whispering Wempe 'swyped from my Samsung Galaxy SIII mini (GT-I8190)' - via Android Central App

Gaurav Dutt Joshi

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue where i protected my all messenger apps in a folder, then by mistake i crossed them thinking it will remove the icons from the folder but i lost these icons permanently from every screen even from "Settings > App > All" but today after playing with my phone's (Yu-Yureka - Lollipop) setting a bit i found where they were and now i see them again in my menu screen. Please Go to:

Settings>Apps> Protected App (One of the menu item Right Top Menu with 3 horizontal dots)> draw the pattern (which you may have saved at the time of phone setup or password for any folder) > There you will get a list of all the app icons.

On those apps which have been hidden you will see a Pop-Out icon just click on it and you will see your apps in your menu again.

Melody Hawkins

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Thank-you! I have looked all evening and almost did a reset to find my message+ icon. Your insight to look in the google folder/file was right on, again thanks.

Sim Murry

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello
I am having similar problems re the message app
The icon just disappeared and i am not receiving any text messages at all
I NEED HELP PLEASE

2016SUE

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: I've lost the Text Messages icon on my Samsung galaxy stardust phone how to reset

I've lost the Text Messages icon on my Samsung galaxy stardust phone how to reset it back on my homepage

5639Jody

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I accidentally deleted my stock messaging app that came with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, can you please tell me how to get it back? Maybe Fb Messenger me, just search 4 "Jody Artley" thx in advance

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star