Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Well This Is Embarrassing.....please help someone....

Hi, we have just acquired a Galaxy S3 Mini and have this problem........the button (sorry I dont know its tech name) on the left hand side of the HOME button continuously activates itself.....all on its own so it continually pops up with the menu for that button on the screen......goes out for about a second and comes back on. It has just started doing it. I have factory rebooted the phone but it still does it. Its draining the battery real quick and is bloo.y annoying. Thanks for reading and hope you can help.

Default Re: Well This Is Embarrassing.....please help someone....

Not extremely familiar with Samsung phones, but isn't the left button the recent task button? You have done a factory reset or you have just restarted the phone? There is a difference. Factory resetting will restore everything on your phone. If you haven't done that, that's what I would do. If you simply just restarted it, the problem can still be there. If you have factory reseted, it could be a hardware/software issue. Best bet is to take it into a store and get it looked at.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citroenmadman View Post
    Hi, we have just acquired a Galaxy S3 Mini and have this problem........the button (sorry I dont know its tech name) on the left hand side of the HOME button continuously activates itself.....all on its own so it continually pops up with the menu for that button on the screen......goes out for about a second and comes back on. It has just started doing it. I have factory rebooted the phone but it still does it. Its draining the battery real quick and is bloo.y annoying. Thanks for reading and hope you can help.
    Well, it looks like the problem is on the hardware side you need to go to the nearest dealer or customer support for getting it fixed.

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Citroenmadman View Post
    all on its own so it continually pops up with the menu for that button on the screen
    Is there a screen protector installed on the phone?
    Or is it in a case?
    If neither of those are the case then it sounds like a hardware problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk