Won't engage into 3G

elcubanito66

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I live in Costa Rica and the band that they use here for this phone is 900 and 2100 and that is what this phone is. But for some reason the phone doesn't engage in 3G, WHY? If I put the phone into 3G only it says no red is available.and then into dual and it works cause it's connected to 2G. What is wrong and what can I do? Please help.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I live in Costa Rica and the band that they use here for this phone is 900 and 2100 and that is what this phone is. But for some reason the phone doesn't engage in 3G, WHY? If I put the phone into 3G only it says no red is available.and then into dual and it works cause it's connected to 2G. What is wrong and what can I do? Please help.

Well, I think the problem is your network provider isn't offering 3G network on your location, what happens here is when you switch to dual your device searching for both 2G and 3G signals and as it found 2G signal I will get you connected while if you switch that to the 3G mode i.e UMTS now you device is looking for the 3G network only and as your service provider isn't offering the 3G network, your device keep on looking for and found nothing which makes your device showing a red cross. Having a 3G enabled device doesn't makes it reciving 3G signal over 2G network, your network provider must be providing 3G network, so you can make use of it.

elcubanito66

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello and thank you for your response. Now, my carrier does support 3g and 4g but only my note3 has 4g. the I8190 is only a 3g. All the other I8190 that my friends have have 3g on theres. Why not on mine?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a great question to ask at one of the local carrier stores.

If one of your friends puts their SIM card in your phone does it work properly? What about if you put your SIM card in their phone?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21