Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Power button stopped working!

Today I experienced an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, that I have never had before;

For starters, it felt kind of stuck, nothing seemed to work on it, so I chose to restart it (by removing the battery), hoping it would solve the problem. But now I am unable to turn my phone on, and I cannot figure out why.
    I thought for a moment, it had something to do with my battery, but I tried with a friend of mine's, and that did not work either. I have tried to recharge it, still no succes.

I have searched a lot on the internet and tried a lot of "easy solutions", like pressing and holding the power button for 15-20 seconds or holding the power, home and volume up button for several seconds, but so far nothing has worked.

Does anyone got any bright ideas for what I could try? The phone is less than a year old, so I would be very sad if I had to go and get a new one already, since I got tons of pictures and stuff on it (or send it to a repairsman, but they are damn costy in Denmark!)

Global Posts
    31,335 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Power button stopped working!

Welcome to the forums.
    It may be a hardware failure on the motherboard. Have you called Samsung since it isn't a year old?

With the phone completely off, if you connect the charger do you see a battery graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?

If you take the battery out and connect the charger do you briefly see a red LED? If you reinsert the battery and attempt to turn it on while the charger is connected does anything happen?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    With the phone completely off, if you connect the charger do you see a battery graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?
    Yes, I see the image of a battery getting charged, so it seems like, the battery is fully functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    If you take the battery out and connect the charger do you briefly see a red LED? If you reinsert the battery and attempt to turn it on while the charger is connected does anything happen?
    Nope, I did not and have never seen a red LED flash on my phone (for what I remember of course). No, I tried the last part too, but no luck there.

Quote Originally Posted by CreecK View Post
    holding the power, home and volume up button for several seconds, but so far nothing has worked
    I usually press-and-hold Volume Up + Home, then add Power - you should try holding all of them for about ten seconds.
    If that doesn't work then try Download mode (Volume Down + Home + Power) for the same length of time.

If none of that works then it's time for warranty repair or a JTAG service.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.